Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
i have clutch kit from guess who? and i get beat by stock mach. i blew 2 belts this weekend @140 a belt and 400.00 for clutch kit im "edit for bad language" and it gets beat by stock mach. any help would be much appreciated. thanxthis kit is 414 ramps 1mm oversize rollers 280-510 primary with who knows secondary spring.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Change your login name...you'll be all set.

Seriously, I blew one yesterday riding with my daughter in my lap...maybe 30 mph at best. It was about 34F and I had been riding for about an hour. I believe these belts have a temperature at which they just let go. I could not find a piece of belt bigger than 4" under the hood, it just exploded.
I have since removed the black shroud and will be removing the rear vent closure.
One good thing about that black shroud: it makes it easier to find all the pieces.

·
Registered
603 Posts
1badf7 said:
i have clutch kit from guess who? and i get beat by stock mach. i blew 2 belts this weekend @140 a belt and 400.00 for clutch kit im "edit for bad language" and it gets beat by stock mach. any help would be much appreciated. thanxthis kit is 414 ramps 1mm oversize rollers 280-510 primary with who knows secondary spring.
[snapback]686972[/snapback]​
Check your clutch alignment.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Have a 2005 Mach Z with Goodwin 05 clutch setup.

First belt went 2100 miles before blowing into a million pieces.

The black shroud was on and rear vents were closed the entire time.

Have since removed both.

And yes, just like everyone elses 05 with the 06 updates, mine to is down 6-8 mph.

Last year this sled was the fastest on the warmest days, including some over 40 degrees F.

·
Registered
839 Posts
what is the rear vent everyone is talking about?? I have the black shroud off but don't know where this other one is. A pic would help.

Who is you know who's clutch kit? I'll make sure I don't get one of those.

·
Registered
839 Posts
does it have a bunch of holes in it? I'll have to look tonight.

·
Premium Member
1,958 Posts
Kirch said:
does it have a bunch of holes in it? I'll have to look tonight.
[snapback]687838[/snapback]​
No it's black like the rest of the hood. Comes out from the inside. You will see the clips if you look inside the side panel.

·
Registered
839 Posts
it is part of the foot well or the side panel? Sorry I'm at work and can't look at the sled right now.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Kirch said:
it is part of the foot well or the side panel? Sorry I'm at work and can't look at the sled right now.
[snapback]687853[/snapback]​
It is part of the side panels

·
Registered
839 Posts
bingo, saw it on the fiche. Thanks guys!!! Sorry for all the questions.... tough tyring to figure it out w/o looking at the sled.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.