Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Ive got a summit shaft which is +3mm longer to cure the alignment issue. A set of 441 ramps with spring pins. A 160/350 primary spring pl/pk and a Black secondary spring 160/303. To cure the slipping issue. All brand new 400$ plus shipping. Did this to my 16 freeride 137 2.25. Night and day difference. This set up comes stock on the 146 and longer freerides/summits. If you ride off trail with a 137 you need to compensate for track load. I recomend going to at least a 21/45 as well. Im at that going to 21/49 this week. The shaft is $409, the ramps $90, the springs $60, ramp spring pins $4. Plus tax.

·
Registered
144 Posts
There is a shim kit available to shim the secondary out the 3mm. Used shims back in 09 on my 08 summit to try help cure some of the belt issues.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Did a top speed run today on my Renegade XRS with 1,75" Powdermax track and 23/49 gearing(stock in Scandinavia), 172kmh on the speedo, 157kmh on GPS. Did a quick stop, and touched both clutches. No problem holding my hand there forever, maybe 50C. The sled is clutched and the qrs shaft is shimmed 3mm.

·
Registered
45 Posts
So the solution for this is shimmering the secondary clutch. Does the skidoo dealer have the kit or wheres a good place to get it?

·
Fuzzy but not Blue........
10,652 Posts
C&T has a shim kit if you are out 3mm, which most of them are. There are kits that have other shim setups if needed.

-grover

·
Registered
45 Posts
Any1 try the full floating clutch kit from doo doctors? Looks lagit. Cats been doing the full floaters for yrs. This 14 gade is my 1st doo. Always ran cats. Only time u blew a belt it was cause u either got it wet or didnt break in a new belt. I ran cat belts for thousands of miles with no issues. I have blown 2 belts 8n last 1300 miles. To me abfull floater is the correct way to go.

·
Armchair Interweb Coach
102,567 Posts
Have your clutches balanced, and throw that big cover away......that will keep them a ton cooler

1 - 11 of 11 Posts