Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody ever plastic welded mxz hoods? Whats the best repair for cracks? Thanks for any info!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
iwanna440x said:
bondo, fiberglass repair kit and some sandpaper
[snapback]690863[/snapback]​
I heard that fiberglass repairs will not bond well to plastic. Have you had good luck with fiberglass repairs? (current crack I am tring to repair was previously fiberglass repaired.) Has anybody tried epoxy??

·
Made Member
2,042 Posts
I used a two part epoxy specificly for plastic on my 97 MXZ. I cleaned up the cracks and scuffed them some and clamped the parts together to set. worked pretty good, one side did partialy let loose. So i'll try it again.

·
Registered
29 Posts
A Product called Steely (Canadian Tire or walmart) You need the stuff in you fingers till it mixes and place it over the crack - you got to be quick because it hardens fast - put it on thin - it should dry in 15 min - then sand to the right thickness and paint - fixed

This stuff hardens like steel and will adhere to plastic

Rev420

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Go to autobodystore.com and look up the plastic repair section. This is the only method I have heard of that really works. In my experience the fiberglass/bondo etc... works for awhile but always lets go.

·
Doo Rider
3,170 Posts
there are companies that actually weld plastic together.....and they do an excellent job of it.....saw first hand on my buddies sled. Cost wasn't that much.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.