Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 04 600 SDI Has the worst hook up , I lengthend the limiter strap one hole and moved the coupling block , it has a 1 1/4" track lug with 144 1.375 studs in the center of the track with 2 hole aluminum angle backers backing it up against the track lug, Any suggestions ? My Buddys stock polaris blows it away out of the hole ! This is too much !

·
Registered
979 Posts
Chisels and a speed track.

·
Registered
4,798 Posts
Loosen the limiter yet agin 102 holes...Put the rear cams on SOFTET setting, and do the same with the CENTER shock spring. Drop 1 tooth on top, and you should be golden. Another solution, like stated before, is a 1.5''+ track. You will get INSANE holeshots compared to now, and you will have the deep snow flotation that the 1 1/4'' lacked...

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
saskrev said:
Why would setting the center spring to it's softest setting improve holeshot? Doesn't that decrease weight transfer?

[snapback]278393[/snapback]​
You are correct, tighter center spring should add traction.

·
Very Advanced Member
1,355 Posts
Make sure the track is as loose as you dare running it (without ratcheting). Have the coupler blocks thin side back. You might even wand to remove the back rubber bumpers that they hit. set the belt height in the secondary so it's 3/16" above the clutch sides.

search this topic...we just had a big discussion on this a few days ago.

BS

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.