Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

hole in fuel pump??? normal

3K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  [RoH]r=e=v 
#1 ·
Gas Motor vehicle Auto part Nut Engineering
first off. look at pic of pump. if i suck or blow
(no punn) on the pulser line i get air coming from this hole? is this normal, hole supposed to be there for diaphram?

next question. need to order tommorrow a set of std pistons/rings for her 03 mxz 380 fan. should i get the oem for 121 or the wiseco for 80? yeah, big diff in price and the oe's don't come w/wrist pins and circlips. regardless of price, which pistons are better for this machine. reliability etc. she won't hammar the hell out of it. i've heard of warm up issues with wiseco. can't decide!!!

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
If i rember right there was a hole in the same spot in my fuel pump. The dealer said that some sleds had it and some didn't. The tech. said that if it was a breather hole for the diaphragm. I was going to put silicone over it if it caused anymoe trouble but it's been fine so i never bothered. Hope this helps.

#9 ·
I just cold seized an oem piston , busted the skirt off in a port . So who knows if it makes a difference .

#10 ·
That vent hole is supposed to be there for the diaphragm to breath. When the diaphragm goes bad, gas will seep from this vent hole.

#13 ·
I would go with wiseco's. I have rebuilt alot of sleds with them. If you do it right and break them in like you shoudl there will be no problems. I have always ran ski-doos and that is what I have rebuilt all of them with when the time came. My suggestion would be wiseco's.

#15 ·

I was thinking about the hole in the pic. Makes sense for it to be a tell tale hole. If you get leakage diaphram has a hole in it. Kind of like a leak indicator would be my guess.

Jamie

iansmxz said:
i oredered the oem today. just in case she rides around the house when i'm not there. she won't warm it up right and probably pop it! thanks for all the info guys.
[snapback]293695[/snapback]​

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.