Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello dootalkers, i need some input here. looking to buy some boots this year, not looking for the latest and the greatest. maybe a little ankle support, but just warm and dry will do. Saw hjc standard boots for around 90, anyone use them? any input on that boot would be great. and if anyone has a suggestion for a boot (90$ or below) throw it out there. thanks

·
Scuttle Buttin' Solo
75,194 Posts
My lady tried the HJC's one season a few years back and she said her feet froze, and I had to buy her a pair of 9volt battery operated socks so she would finish the year in them.

I personally liked the look of the boot, and the shop recommended them. However she did nothing but complain about 'em. She now wears a heavy men's Sorel but her feet don't get cold now either.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My lady tried the HJC's one season a few years back and she said her feet froze, and I had to buy her a pair of 9volt battery operated socks so she would finish the year in them.

I personally liked the look of the boot, and the shop recommended them. However she did nothing but complain about 'em. She now wears a heavy men's Sorel but her feet don't get cold now either.
Thanks for the response. Does your wife have poor foot blood circulation. i know mine inst the best. What region do you do your riding in?

·
Scuttle Buttin' Solo
75,194 Posts
No her feet are fine. It was the boot. They trap moisture like a rubber boot so her toes got cold quickly as they were damp. The only way was to wear light wool over a nylon, and the heated sock over that. Then when her toes got cold she would have to plug in the battery on the sock to make it tolerable. Usually that was the 1/2 way point for the day.

We then rode western Maine

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
I wear rocky blizzard stalkers with 1200 grams thinsulate and my feet never ever get cold. I got them on ebay brand new for 66 bucks.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wear rocky blizzard stalkers with 1200 grams thinsulate and my feet never ever get cold. I got them on ebay brand new for 66 bucks.
Thanks for the suggestion. Saw some great deals on eBay. Do the provide any ankle support?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I picked up the Castle X boots for $90 from the local dealer 2 years ago and love them. My feet tend to get colder than most, but so far i have never had an issue with these. Never been in negative temps yet with them, but have been in windy, single digit days with no issues. Quick to put on too, with just velcro, no laces.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts