Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased Oakley Wisdom goggles on ebay. I put the goggles on the helmet and they fit horribly. I might as well use speedo swimming goggles. There is space all the way around the googles where air can get in. I would like opinions on goggles for this specific helmet. I would like to have my face covered as much as possible.

·
Super Moderator
4,575 Posts
ssrev said:
I just purchased Oakley Wisdom goggles on ebay. I put the goggles on the helmet and they fit horribly. I might as well use speedo swimming goggles. There is space all the way around the googles where air can get in. I would like opinions on goggles for this specific helmet. I would like to have my face covered as much as possible.
[snapback]284135[/snapback]​
I use Smith Snow Warp's with the little snap-in nose piece and neoprene cheek pad (don't know the official name). I also wear a balaclava under the whole setup. I could never get my goggles to seal well with the built in breath guard in the HJC helmet so I removed it, but with the Smith setup, the neoprene pad fits under the helmet padding and helps the goggles to seal really well. I also tape over the vents in the helmet chin guard. I have never worn this helmet in extremely cold setups, so I can't comment on that.

-Craig

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Smith Sno warps here also. The widest goggles I've found so far.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Have used Scott Turbo Flows for 3 years with no problems down to -42 F. They fit well and cover alot.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I have REV-Riders setup too. I rode last weekend up in Old Forge (mostly roads and lakes, trails sucked) in 20 below weather. I have a real thick balaclava from Seirius and got a small amount of wind burn on my cheeks and nose. Nothing major and nothing some duct tape wouldnt solve.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I have a CLX4 and the Smith Fuel Airflows. The goggles fit the helmet really good but I had to tape up the holes in the lense and they still leak a little air thru the foam. Not a big deal unless its really cold and then it hurts my eyes.

For those of you that have Smith Snow Warps. Do they let in too much air?

·
Registered
887 Posts
I have them an have no problem but I know there are two different straps for the Wisdom's, you have to make sure they have the correct strap for a MX helmet not tthe skier strap.

Attachments

·
Registered
964 Posts
I have the same helmet and I use the Scott Turbo Flow goggles and have had great luck down to -25. I have two different balaclavas depending on the temps-one is real light for above 20 degrees and a thicker one for the cold days. The thick balaclava has good coverage for the very small areas that the goggles don't cover. I also use the breath box that came with the helmet and that does a good job covering the cheeks and nose. I would get some different goggles if they don't fit right as you will be miserable on the chilly days. Good luck

·
Registered
887 Posts
I bought my goggles off of E-Bay and they said they work in MX helmets but I found they didn't without the correct strap. Got that from oakley.com for like $10. They are different in the hard plastic area where they hook to the goggle, this is what the correct strap looks like, my other ones bent in more preventing them from fitting into the opening.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts