Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I struck a stone wall today..There is visible damage to the upper A-arm (all bent to hell), tie rod (wasn't to bad until I drove a few miles on it, now it has a nice radius to it), and front bumper (cracked on the right side, you can no longer lift the sled with it). Are these simple bolt on repairs or are they a big project? Are there any "hidden" items to look for before I start the repair? Or should I just bring it to the dealer?

·
Registered
285 Posts
67mustang said:
I struck a stone wall today..There is visible damage to the upper A-arm (all bent to hell), tie rod (wasn't to bad until I drove a few miles on it, now it has a nice radius to it), and front bumper (cracked on the right side, you can no longer lift the sled with it). Are these simple bolt on repairs or are they a big project? Are there any "hidden" items to look for before I start the repair? Or should I just bring it to the dealer?
[snapback]279742[/snapback]​
Open your hood, pull out the pipe, and check your whole front end, i can almost guarantee that something is bent.....

·
Registered
347 Posts
the a-arm,bumper,and tie rod,are real simple fixes w/ very little mechanical knowledge.alinment is the most difficult,i just count the threds and call it good,also pull exhaust pipe and look for anything bent.

·
Doo Pilot
1,895 Posts
Renegaderider ! I can tell your enjoying this pain ! LOL
Been there done this huh!

Rich

More than likely you got more damage ! waiting for you in the nun or tunnel area.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RATED_X said:
the a-arm,bumper,and tie rod,are real simple fixes w/ very little mechanical knowledge.alinment is the most difficult,i just count the threds and call it good,also pull exhaust pipe and look for anything bent.
[snapback]279754[/snapback]​
Renegaderider,
I was looking for replies like this, you're ruining my night. I guess I will pull the exhaust tomorrow, and take a look.
Thanks for all the input...
What did your damage cost you?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Any idea how much that flyin nun thing cost, does it come all together with tha a-arm mounts and front plate,does the the new one get bolted in instead of rivetes? how hard is it to replace? I have to replace it on my 05 600HOX...thanks

·
Registered
131 Posts
sorry and I hate to say this but I have to agree that hitting anything and bending the a-arm usually means damage to the nun and or front chassis plate. You might not see it right away but when you look close, you'll see some buldges and bends.

The hardest part of fixing it is getting everything off the sled so that you can actually work on the nun. Just get a good grinder and grind off the rivets, don't even try to drill them out.

Best of luck, mabey you'll get lucky and it won't be bent.

BTW - I've seen REVs fall off mountain sides and roll/endo down 100 + feet hitting rocks, etc. and the guy just dusts it off and hits the throttle again. No huge damage. The sleds seem pretty solid except for when you hit an a-arm or ski, then it's like paper!

KK

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I pulled the exhaust last night and it appears that there is no additional damage, there are no cracks, bends, wows, or anything that looks out of place.
My A-arm folded up pretty good, and in a lot of the other posts it doesn't appear that the a-arm was badly damaged, maybe the a-arm absorbed the impact in this case.
Either way, we will see how everything lines up with the new parts.

Thanks everyone.

·
Doo Pilot
1,895 Posts
ttt for reference for some guys.
Rich

1 - 9 of 9 Posts