Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for any feedback about places to stay in Huntsville that has trail access. Is deerhurst the only place?? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Huntsville is tricky. Snow cond have to be good. Lakes should be frozen or your limited to where u can ride. Comfort inn not bad.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Or head a bit north and stay at the Edgewater on Sand Lake (just east of Kearney). Right on the trail, great snow, gas n site and decent restaurant.

·
Registered
560 Posts
On a good day how long from Huntsville to north bay?

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
On a good day how long from Huntsville to north bay?
Depends on size of group and how many pee stops you have to make. But if you leave at 9 and drive at a normal pace I'd expect you to get to North Bay around 4-5. That's with a stop for lunch.

That's been my experience the last few times I did it with a group of 6.

Reactions: kraziekanuck

·
True happiness is never trying a sled better than
14,562 Posts
Any idea of conditions for Monday/Tuesday???

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
My bet would be that conditions will be garbage, to totally destroyed.

Forecast for tomorrow is plus 6 and rain, Tuesday is plus 7 and rain.

Plus 9 the remainder of the week with highs of 11 above by next Saturday.

Sadly, I think the season is done like dinner.

·
14,562 Posts
Going to get the last ride in around Collingwood tomorrow. Dropping around Durham.

·
2nd Whore in command
102,271 Posts
Hope you get some riding in SD, just got back from Bear Lake yesterday. There was lots of snow in the bush, never rode the trails to know what the conditions were like? We did jump on the seguin trail for a mile to get to another riding spot and it seemed good. With the warm up coming doubt there will be much more riding left after this week?

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Going to get the last ride in around Collingwood tomorrow. Dropping around Durham.
That's awesome. Please let us know how the conditions turn out. Last ride for us was yesterday but dam I am already itching to get out again !!

Reactions: snow dance

·
14,562 Posts
Hope you get some riding in SD, just got back from Bear Lake yesterday. There was lots of snow in the bush, never rode the trails to know what the conditions were like? We did jump on the seguin trail for a mile to get to another riding spot and it seemed good. With the warm up coming doubt there will be much more riding left after this week?
Unless your ready for a long drive the end is here this week. No base will hold up to this one.Ride until your carbides are gone!

Reactions: JVP

·
14,562 Posts
That's awesome. Please let us know how the conditions turn out. Last ride for us was yesterday but dam I am already itching to get out again !!
I will file a report when I can. Pics too maybe.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts