Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what time they finally finished running?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
179 Posts
Does anyone know what time they finally finished running?

The last class we were in was class number 28. I believe there were 31 classes total. After we were out in class 28, we loaded the sled and pulled out right away. That was at 1:45. If I had to guess I would say they were done around 2:15. Those big mod sleds are fun to watch, but having to stop so they can cool down and re-tune got a little old. The other aspect I wish could be improved would be to run the kids separately before the scheduled start time. If they want to give them 25 minutes to run around the hill, that's great, but do early.

I guess you didn't ask for opinions, but that was our discussion on the way home. It was certainly overwhelming for those organizing the event. Maybe they can work out some of their staging area issues before next year.

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup. I was in Class 31. I did the math around 12:30 am and figured I'd be running at 3am so I bailed. A few lessons hopefully learned:
Start racing no later than 4pm
Do kids early before event
Figure out some type of staging area organization
If you run 2 times a year like they planned, invert the starting times for the classes. Class 31 last at first event, but first at second event.

It was a good show , just way more sleds than they thought.

Reactions: Vmaxzr2
1 - 3 of 3 Posts