Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Monosodium Glutamate
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still having problems with my RPM's being to high. When I start it, it stay's around 1700 RPM's. From what I've read on this site, it sounds about right. Then, after letting it warm up for 10 min, I'll rev it up a few times. After doing this the RPM'S stay at 2500. Is this normal? I don't recall it doing this last year and the only change I made was adding new reeds.

·
Registered
9,148 Posts
MSGME said:
Still having problems with my RPM's being to high. When I start it, it stay's around 1700 RPM's. From what I've read on this site, it sounds about right. Then, after letting it warm up for 10 min, I'll rev it up a few times. After doing this the RPM'S stay at 2500. Is this normal? I don't recall it doing this last year and the only change I made was adding new reeds.
[snapback]272471[/snapback]​
No its not normal. Check your throttle cables for binding, proper routing. Make sure nothing is interfering with them. If the cables bend sharply, you need to reroute it. The cable/s could have rust in them also. Inspect them closely. If they are rusty spray some WD-40 into the cable and work it into the whole cable. Have the carbs been cleaned? If not clean them well. If the carbs are dirty it could affect the slide movement, which in turn will cause the jet needle to sit improperly giving you performance problems.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts