Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ,

...rpm start to go wrong today and i can't tell what it is?if you start it and let it idle it goes to about 2500-2700 and then if you open it and let it idle, the rpm stay to 4500 to 4700( the sled is clutch high
)...don't know if, it's again, the stator or the c.d.i box ( or amplifier)...simple things has been check: carb boots , compression, cables,air box,etc...It's bad but those Ck3 Mach are fun but junk for electrical problem...
need an idea thank's!

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
syk84 said:
Hi ,

...rpm start to go wrong today and i can't tell what it is?if you start it and let it idle it goes to about 2500-2700 and then if you open it and let it idle, the rpm stay to 4500 to 4700( the sled is clutch high
)...don't know if, it's again, the stator or the c.d.i box ( or amplifier)...simple things has been check: carb boots , compression, cables,air box,etc...It's bad but those Ck3 Mach are fun but junk for electrical problem...
need an idea thank's!
[snapback]733542[/snapback]​
I just had the exact same thing happen to my 98 Mach 1 and i ended up replacing the choke cable and the main jets. I bought it used and of the 3 choke cables the one on the carb closest to the clutch was stuck solid. I had the dealer replace the cables and during the test ride found it was running lean and idling high, he replaced all 3 mains with #300's and it runs perfect. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
MachDream said:
syk84 said:
Hi ,

need an idea thank's!
I just had the exact same thing happen to my 98 Mach 1 and i ended up replacing the choke cable and the main jets. I bought it used and of the 3 choke cables the one on the carb closest to the clutch was stuck solid. I had the dealer replace the cables and during the test ride found it was running lean and idling high, he replaced all 3 mains with #300's and it runs perfect. Hope this helps.
[snapback]733655[/snapback]​
I forgot to mention when they installed the cables and rejetted, they also cleaned the carbs becuase they were very dirty. Runs perfect now.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
syk84 said:
Hi ,

need an idea thank's!
O.k...What's my problem?... Crank seal broke on the clutch side pulling air that explain high rpm , and the piston on the clutch side break on top and the 2 crank bearing on the clutch side broke...if i had stop when problem appears will have done less damage...but i bring the old Mach back to the trailer on it's power( 6 milles) ...if those Mach had no crank and stator problem would be one good sled

1 - 4 of 4 Posts