Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im racing snocross this year and i have the low comp heads on it and i was thinking about switching it back to the high heads but i was just wondering if it makes that much of a difference??

·
Registered
279 Posts
Im racing snocross this year and i have the low comp heads on it and i was thinking about switching it back to the high heads but i was just wondering if it makes that much of a difference??
ya it will blow up when were riding to bobby rockets lol

·
Registered
205 Posts
I raced my trail converted 440 last year and it was fine. Actually pulled a couple of holeshots. I'm sure HC domes and race fuel would make more power, I just wasn't interested in swapping everything over when I trail rode it. Remember, you're going to be racing against a lot of 600s out there now.

Dave

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I raced my trail converted 440 last year and it was fine. Actually pulled a couple of holeshots. I'm sure HC domes and race fuel would make more power, I just wasn't interested in swapping everything over when I trail rode it. Remember, you're going to be racing against a lot of 600s out there now.

Dave
yeah but i race jr 14-15 and 16-17 so they'll have throttle restrictors

·
Fire Box
20,485 Posts
this question gets asked alot. a well tuned and finely clutched l/c dome 440 can and will beat the sneakers off a h/c dome 440. set it up just right and rip it up.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
this question gets asked alot. a well tuned and finely clutched l/c dome 440 can and will beat the sneakers off a h/c dome 440. set it up just right and rip it up.
haha yeah she runs good it has a goodwin clutch in it but i just never rode and h/c 440 so i didnt know how much faster they are.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
You cannot be serious, can you? LOL

A finely tuned 440 on race gas set up with WALK ALL OVER a finely tuned LC set up. Apparently your one of those people who never ran both set ups, and is merely going off "here say." However, if you have ran both, take a look the dynamoe^joe website and brush up, or fire your mechanic. Theres almost 10hp difference.

Put the vp-116 down, close top, and set aside. Coffee would be better for you.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You cannot be serious, can you? LOL

A finely tuned 440 on race gas set up with WALK ALL OVER a finely tuned LC set up. Apparently your one of those people who never ran both set ups, and is merely going off "here say." However, if you have ran both, take a look the dynamoe^joe website and brush up, or fire your mechanic. Theres almost 10hp difference.

Put the vp-116 down, close top, and set aside. Coffee would be better for you.
Is it easy to blow up your engine running with the h/c domes?

·
Ski-Doo Rider Fo' Sho'
1,670 Posts
Is it easy to blow up your engine running with the h/c domes?
If you run pump gas with high compression domes its almost guaranteed to blow your motor.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
We ran our pump gas low comp race sled at a up hill drag race in the race 440 class. Engine was tuned with egts and clutching was dead nuts for going stright, up hill. We literally got ran over. Do not waste your time, this coming
from someone who knows about sleds. Race fuel hc 440s wipe their asses with lc deals, if lc made more pah they would come that way.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Doesn't all gas consist of a level or grade of octane? hehe

On HC heads, you need to feed your sled a higher octane to prevent burn downs...How hard is this to understand? higher octane burns slower, lower octane burns faster...

·
Fire Box
20,485 Posts
i was just giving him my opinion. i dont doo snowcross but i doo grass drags and watercross. I was just giving my experience from racing my l/c dome 440 against h/c 440's.

·
Super Moderator
3,632 Posts
HC heads worth maybe 6-8HP with race fuel. Run good fresh 112, no problem with burning it up. I would be more worried with pump gas.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts