Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I phoned Trail Tanks (TT) today to check on the high capacity XP gas tanks that we have been talking about here on DooTalk for a year now. The silence from TT had been deafening and there was no new news on their web site since mid-February.

Seth reported that they are still working through engineering and production startup issues but that the tanks will be in production this summer and available this fall.

I have gone back and forth on this but I am convinced that having the high capacity tank will be much better than dealing with the extra tank on the rack. This should give me a range of 200 plus miles which is important when riding back thru remote areas on Sundays. Yes, weight is an issue but it is still nothing compared to the rider …

Seth confirmed that the tanks have approx a 13 gallon capacity and that they are a direct replacement for our doo tanks. Our seats will attach as they do now and we will use our existing tank pickups, filter, float, etc. in the new tank. TT will provide any grommets, rings and adaptors we need.

Finally, the price will be around $350.

If you want to get on the pre-order list you can contact them @ http://www.trailtank.net/contact-us.html ... (Seth said to still contact them even if you have before)

I am.

Think SNOW …

·
Registered
7,764 Posts
I phoned Trail Tanks (TT) today to check on the high capacity XP gas tanks that we have been talking about here on DooTalk for a year now. The silence from TT had been deafening and there was no new news on their web site since mid-February.

Seth reported that they are still working through engineering and production startup issues but that the tanks will be in production this summer and available this fall.

I have gone back and forth on this but I am convinced that having the high capacity tank will be much better than dealing with the extra tank on the rack. This should give me a range of 200 plus miles which is important when riding back thru remote areas on Sundays. Yes, weight is an issue but it is still nothing compared to the rider …

Seth confirmed that the tanks have approx a 13 gallon capacity and that they are a direct replacement for our doo tanks. Our seats will attach as they do now and we will use our existing tank pickups, filter, float, etc. in the new tank. TT will provide any grommets, rings and adaptors we need.

Finally, the price will be around $350.

If you want to get on the pre-order list you can contact them @ http://www.trailtank.net/contact-us.html ... (Seth said to still contact them even if you have before)

I am.

Think SNOW …
Are the tanks taller? longer? Clear? any prototype photos?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are the tanks taller? longer? Clear? any prototype photos?
Sorry, I did not ask when I called. I was looking to see if they were still working on the project.

The justgastanks.com (TT reseller) web site listed the specs as 49+ liter, 2 inches taller in the seat area, 1 inch shorter and available in clear and black. But again, I don't know.

A perennial topic for years, Irondog ran a poll last summer and spoke with Seth several times to encourage TT to produce these tanks and I think a lot of us thought the tanks would finally be available in February.

Based on posts from prior years we may not see anything this season either but time will tell. I saw in another post that some had given up on TT and were speaking to custom part mfgs ...

If anyone finds out more ... please share.

Think SNOW

·
RPG
2022 Renegade X 900r Turbo
1,223 Posts
I guess common physics would dictate that the tank would need to be 30% larger in order to accomadate 30% more fuel. It's just a question of in which directions do you want to increase the measurements, taller, wider, longer or a bit of all three.

·
Registered
6,254 Posts
A clear tank would be nice. I had the larger clear trailtank on my nytro and I really liked being able to see exactly how much fuel I had. I don't really trust the gauge on anything.

·
Registered
7,764 Posts
IT's just because I heard rumors they were going two inches taller, and I as a XC racer really don't want a seat that is 2 inches taller....I would have prefered they went "out the back" for the extra capacity....but I am sure the masses were probabbly in favor of a taller seat.

·
Registered
568 Posts
So does anyone make a larger tank for REV's?

·
Registered
5,874 Posts
x2 id be interested for sure on a rev tank.

steve

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
out the back sounds ok to me...
id definitely want one of these tanks. remember, they are only heavier when they are full of fuel.
I wonder if they will install baffles in them ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts