Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like some Info from the summer racers. I want to build a summer dragster to run bracket races with at our local 1\8 th mile drag way. I was wondering on a few different things. I was thinking should I run 93 octane or just step up to 110 race gas. If I stay at 93 how much do I need to lean it out? And if I run 110 how can i build up the compression to run 110. Can I just shave the head or do I have to buy pistons and do head work. And what about squish? I have no problem with the 110 and would rather use it over 93. And can a stock 670 handle more compression and 110.(crank and rods). I am clueless to racing sled motors in summer temps.im sure I can figure it out I would just like a little info/help.. how many hp does the motor loose from the temp change..

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
I dont think you would want to lean it out running in the summer but maybe Im wrong You have a suspension to run pavement?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont think I have to lean it out much but I know the colder it is the more air it will suck in because the air is denser the colder it is so it needs more fuel, and the summer weather is warmer air so it is less dense so it needs less fuel. I do not plan on running my sled. I am going to build a mini dragster and use my 670 as a powerplant. I was going to run it stock but I am now thinking about raising the compression and running 110. I just think it would be cool to have a mini dragster that will run over 100 mph in the 1/8 th mile and show up race cars that cost 20k+ it is still just a idea but I really want to do it. Just looking for some advice on the motor and how many hp I can make from a stock 670, bumping up compression and using 110. Or I might leave it stock so I can run pump gas.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes I know that is very important. I always jet fat ad lean out from there. I am really looking to hear from someone experienced in the high compression and race fuel. How to do it and how much power gain to expect. To see if it is wort it to me or not. I am experienced with the 670 in winter on pump gas but not in the summer or high compression race fuel. But I do know that high compression + high octane = HIGH HORSEPOWER!!! And usually high $$$$ lol which i do not have gotta love goin fast!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts