Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I also posted this in the REV forum.....I just wanted to ask any SDI owners that have spark plug fouling issues,
have you ever tried indexing your plugs so the open side of the spark plug/electrode opening is pointing away from the incoming air/fuel charge?? I was wondering if this would "shield" your spark area and cut down or eliminate the fouling??????? I know some outboard motors that have EFI(Direct Injection) contain a post or some type of shield to not directly spray the spark plugs......

·
Registered
141 Posts
mjwalsh74 said:
I also posted this in the REV forum.....I just wanted to ask any SDI owners that have spark plug fouling issues,
have you ever tried indexing your plugs so the open side of the spark plug/electrode opening is pointing away from the incoming air/fuel charge?? I was wondering if this would "shield" your spark area and cut down or eliminate the fouling??????? I know some outboard motors that have EFI(Direct Injection) contain a post or some type of shield to not directly spray the spark plugs......
[snapback]300914[/snapback]​
I think the plug problem is solved. I ate 20 plugs in 350kms. Changed to BR8ECS, and did the oil adjustment that was faxed in by a fellow Dootalker (thanks) and bye bye plug problem.

·
Registered
577 Posts
mjwalsh74 said:
[snapback]300914[/snapback]​
Thats an interesting idea. I thought of that also because my machine was on the original plugs until 300miles when the dealer did the 10hr checkup which includes changing plugs. The machine now has 700 miles and ive gone through about 12 plugs. I used to index plugs in stock cars but for clearence reasons. I may try to do that. In case anybody doesnt know what that is you draw a line on the plug with a marker where the tip of the electrode is and keep screwing it in until it points away from the injector. Im gonna try that this week.

·
Registered
164 Posts
This is a good topic but if this is happening,Shes not sparking at the right time
I dont know the fix but in order to flood out that plug.,means there was no
SPARK there when the GAS got there .I think?

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mach-zzz said:
This is a good topic but if this is happening,Shes not sparking at the right time
I dont know the fix but in order to flood out that plug.,means there was no
SPARK there when the GAS got there .I think?

[snapback]303249[/snapback]​
Even if your engine's timing is perfect you still foul plugs when it gets too rich, it happens all the time to thousands of sleds. I just figured the spark area of the electrode would act as a shield until the engine comes up to operating temp..???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts