Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Who Shot My Paw??
Joined
·
5,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to "ASK SKI-DOO",but it looks like BRP will be busy with about 14 pages of questions.So my question is why is the the temp sensor (coolant) on my 04 600 and 05 600 set to come on @ 185*F.Maybe just for a large margin of safety??185 seems fairly low to me. THANKS,MATT
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
253 Posts
the goal of the light is to warn you so you have time to correct the problem. Wouldn't be any good if it came on as the motor started to sieze.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,764 Posts
Mine comes on at about 160F (03 rev 800) (i have a digitron gauge), WAY TO EARLY.............

My 2000 MXZ didn't come on till 210 F........in my opinion, to late! I think 185F is about PERFECT if that is infact when yours comes on.....
 

·
Crazy Person
Joined
·
5,618 Posts
kingofl337 said:
Wouldn't be any good if it came on as the motor started to sieze.
[snapback]271279[/snapback]​
 

·
Who Shot My Paw??
Joined
·
5,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yellowknife said:
kingofl337 said:
Wouldn't be any good if it came on as the motor started to sieze.
[snapback]271279[/snapback]​

[snapback]271684[/snapback]​
185*F Seems more like operating temp,not overheating.My buddys got a yamaha banshee (two Stroke Liquid) Runs 220*F all summer long.
 

·
Who Shot My Paw??
Joined
·
5,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
kingofl337 said:
the goal of the light is to warn you so you have time to correct the problem. Wouldn't be any good if it came on as the motor started to sieze.
[snapback]271279[/snapback]​
If it locks up at 185*F I will have to sell all my other fossil fuel-liquid cooled equipment.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,764 Posts
Snowmobile 2 strokesare designed to run at colder temps PUT a gauge with actual #'s on your sled.........you will find that in GOOD snow conditions, a Ski-doo will run at 110-115 F CONTINUOUSLY for hours on end........185 is getting a little HOT for a sled.........

All dyno tests are done with water temps in the 110-130 range.....for a reason, that is where they are supposed to run........

Doo stat's open up at 108F
 

·
Who Shot My Paw??
Joined
·
5,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
tweener said:
Snowmobile 2 strokesare designed to run at colder temps PUT a gauge with actual #'s on your sled.........you will find that in GOOD snow conditions, a Ski-doo will run at 110-115 F CONTINUOUSLY for hours on end........185 is getting a little HOT for a sled.........

All dyno tests are done with water temps in the 110-130 range.....for a reason, that is where they are supposed to run........

Doo stat's open up at 108F
[snapback]275194[/snapback]​
Got a temp gauge coming.---Thanks
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top