Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Both Parts are now available!!!!!

I attached my helmet cam at the end of the day when I was 25 miles in and then forgot about it. We hit 100+ mph a few times - that footage is in Part II. Anyways, Im glad I figured out how to get'er posted for ya'll.

This was shot in the back hills of north Idaho.

http://www.snowest.com/gallery/video/439.wmv
Part I

http://www.snowest.com/gallery/video/445.wmv Part II

Here's also my latest video - A Day on Dominion (if you can stand another download
)

http://www.snowest.com/gallery/video/457.wmv

How I did it ....
For those interested, I used a hoyt technologies helmet cam (from eBay) plugged into a sony digital camcorder. On my computer, I capture, edit, and burn the vid using Pinnacale Studio editing software. I burn the final product into AVI format, than use a converter program to convert video format from AVI to WMV so I can upload on the internet. Snowest is a great site for uploading to (20mb max). (see, Iam learning alot about this stuff now)

By the way, if you like the vids, leaving a post will keep this thread at the top a while.

Here's some more stuff from the other day ......

Attachments

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Nice video cant wait for part II

Where you following a Cat??

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Summit_SS said:
Nice video cant wait for part II

Where you following a Cat??

[snapback]303915[/snapback]​
Yep! I thought having a subject to film would make it interesting. When we cranked them up though, the lens got dusted (as I hope you'll get a chance to see).

By the way, he blew his chain during the making of the vid just outside of town. Thats him above riding my red RMK - waiting for his sled to get fixed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
steamboatrider123 said:
sweet vid. looks like you guys were flying at the end.
[snapback]303936[/snapback]​
That i what quality time is all about. Nice Video. Looking forward to the rest.

Chet

·
Registered
59 Posts
What type of helmet cam do you have? How much was the cam setup? Do you use an apple for your editing or brand computer? Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ttt - both parts are now available!!

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
ttabs said:
ttt - both parts are now available!!
[snapback]305467[/snapback]​
I GIVE THEM A 10

Really nice vids!

·
Registered
828 Posts
Very Nice job !
You just helped me make up my mind.
I'm going with Pinnacle software for my editing needs......Thanks !
Looks like some fantastic conditions to ride in.
Thanks for sharing bro....

·
Registered
536 Posts
Excellent...Which version of Pinnacle software do you have?

I looked and found 8,9 SE and 9 full...which is best??

Alaskan

·
Registered
341 Posts
hey ttabs what part of Idaho is this place in? I live in northern utah and I'am wondering how close it is to my home. I'am always looking for somewhere new to ride. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
I use Studio 9E which gives alot of neat extras to be creative. Slow mo is especially important. Allows overlays on digital pics or vid, good transitions and lots to choose from, etc ....

Elk River is about an hour east of Pullman/Moscow in northcentral Idaho. Right now, their having some snow issues with the warm weather and all.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts