Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Any 6'+, 250#+ riders out there with the new Mach Z 1000 wish to comment on the SC4 suspension in the rough? I'm trying to stay in the sport with a bad back, and after totaling my 02 Polaris 800 X (trailer accident) I'm looking for a new sled. Any help is appericiated!

·
Registered
188 Posts
As soon as we get some snow to ride. I bumped up the torsion springs to the next size. It looked like I was sagging alot when I sat on it.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Kordon said:
Any 6'+, 250#+ riders out there with the new Mach Z 1000 wish to comment on the SC4 suspension in the rough? I'm trying to stay in the sport with a bad back, and after totaling my 02 Polaris 800 X (trailer accident) I'm looking for a new sled. Any help is appericiated!
[snapback]269376[/snapback]​
I'm 6' and weigh 255lbs. After riding all weekend I am not sore at all, only thing that hurts is my arms from hanging on, not kidding!!! My back always bothered me for a week after a weekend trip but this morning I dont hurt anywhere. I think I will go to a bigger spring as I did bottom out a few times but not a lot. Doo2

·
Registered
442 Posts
I'm 6'3" 260lbs, I rode mine through some ruff stuff wasnt bad at all.
If you want to hammer two footers, I'm sure that could get a little ruff.
My back didnt hert at all, Just forarms and left knee. The handle bars are a little to low for me but it is still pretty easy to stand up, And you will need to do this in the ruff. If your looking for a relaxing cruiser, The mach is it. Just point and go. Its
more my style then a rev. I'm glad brp finaly came out with a sled for me.
The only thing I dont like about the sled, Is the clutching it comes with, And the
fact that it has no forth wheel from the factory, But, these things are fixable.
I love this sled.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Kordon said:
[snapback]269376[/snapback]​
I'm 6'6" and over 240 suited up. The seating position is great on your back, I used to wear a Fox brace, but not needed now. The down side... it's hard on my knees. This is the machine I should have with knees 15 years younger
...but I still think it's a great compromise.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Keeping on the BIG GUY theme, what are you guys running for set up and results?
I'm 6'2", 250lbs and run
Front shocks 3
Center Shock 1 - lightest
Rear Spring 4
Coupling block 2
Limiter strap in 2 notches
1.25" ripsaw with 144 studs.

This has given me a huge improvement over stock set up that pushed like a dump truck. I have good ski pressure and my arms don't hurt like they used to when wrestling with this monster. I will be making more adjustments....

Kordon, This is the sled for you buddy. Get 'er done

·
Registered
72 Posts
I too am in the "adult" size rider catagory and find my Mach Z to be the best fit to date. The only time by back hurts is when I trade my sled with other riders and I bottom out with their sled while riding in the old stlye chassis.
My settings:
Front shocks 3
Center Shock 2
Rear Spring 4
Coupling block 3
Limiter strap in 2 notches (to keep the skis on trail)

·
Registered
70 Posts
6'4' 260......My back has been fine, but my legs have been sore ...It should get better after a couple more rides..I have been cranking up the preloads on the shocks and it seems to be alot better to me..

Front 5
Center 3
Rear Max

·
Registered
816 Posts
Scottie40 said:
6'4' 260......My back has been fine, but my legs have been sore ...It should get better after a couple more rides..I have been cranking up the preloads on the shocks and it seems to be alot better to me..

Front 5
Center 3
Rear Max
[snapback]274582[/snapback]​
i am not tall or heavy but i would highly reccomend the summit riser (7 inch ) on your machs , even at 5'8" the tall riser lets you sit more comfortably and is easier when standing up

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow, this turned out to be a great thread! Well, boys I got er done! Thanks to all of you I pulled the trigger. Picking up the sled this weekend and can't wait. Thanks for the help and lets keep this thread going with some more "Big Boy" suspension setups.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i put stage 3 springs on my suspension it seemed to help out alot. ihave not bottomed out yet with this setup. iam 6-5 .270 pounds. crank the suspension up . it has seemed towork great for me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts