Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2002 MXZ 700. We were in the UP this weekend. Ran ISO in the tank… It was running fine then the last two days the sled began to bog even ran sea foam and it still would bog….

But here is the funny thing.
It would only bog for the first 10 minutes then it ran fine… when we stopped for just 5 minutes….it would bog for 10 then run fine… The MPEM blew last year and it has a new one? So not sure what the deal is… if it was ice then it would not clean out then re freeze…. Then engine was still warm…

It runs like a champ then stop for a minute or two and it bogs for 10 minutes then goes just fine? Any ideas

The RAVE valves have never been cleaned
Could that be it?

·
Registered
745 Posts
Clean the Rave valves and the carbs. See if that smartens it up. What octane are you running. Could it be a gas issue? Are you running with heated carbs on or off?
If the engine is warm then the carb heaters should be off or it will run rich.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Did you read my thread on Fuel Problem? Have a 500SS with the imfamous burble at low RPM's.Runs great after warmed up or under a load. But when she'd cold and not under throttle, she'd burbles at 5000 RPM's, give her the throttle and it stops burbling.
I thought it was bad fuel or water. So I've been running high octane with ISO and it seems to be getting better. I'm thinking it's getting better(it will probably come back when I think it's finally come).It's not all that big a deal, but it just drives you nuts.Anyhow, a few responded saying it could be gum on the jets. So hope this helps!

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It used to run great... it was running ISO and 93 octane... It a friends sled. He is cleaning the rave valves tonight.

The thing about warm up is the sled can already be warm. He was running it hard for 20 miles then turned it off for a few minutes and back to burbleing...

·
Registered
4,798 Posts
Seems to be like a Stator. It will indeed create a weak/intermitten spark. Find the olhm readings from a spec book, and test yours...

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Any one know the Ohm spec for the stator. Its a 2002 MXZ 700

·
Registered
425 Posts
might want to check for a loose or rubbed thru DPM hose. could be a vacuum leak in the system just big enough to let it drift into rich mode for a bit???
My brother had an issue w/ an '02 that we monkeyed with for days. Acted like clutch problem (bog at certain speeds) but tuns out he left one hose off after cleaning his carbs that fall.

p.s. knowing the specs for the stator may not help unless you can check it at the time it is acting up. after it cools it probably goes back to "good" reading.

also check reeds for cracks - a slim possibility....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts