Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the pictures will be next
the 162 was more than i wanted to deal with, so buy new rails a new track,big wheel kit have them anodized, and bolt it together. i had to eliminate the rear radiator, so i built a stainless steel bypass. no matter what i did today i could not get it hot. i must have checked it 20 times, and you could leave your hand on the head or the bypass. the handling is incredible its like riding my renegade. the snow was terrible. the only climbing i did today was about 4 to 500 feet at aprox. 45 degrees, it went over with no problem. the dealer and one of his workers both have the rt 1000s also. were going on sun. to run them and see how it preforms aginst the big tracks. so far i cant see putting it back to a 162, but i saved every part and havent done the final cosmetic work, but i think on mon. there will be a long track kit for sale on ebay. what do you think of it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Kerry I took my heat exc out and drilled a 1/2 hole in the rear of the heat exc so it flows through the 1 1nch pipe in the center. Then i plugged the ends with some cap plugs from napa. It heats up now and runs like a new sled. I have run it hard pack and no over heating.

·
Registered
41 Posts
kerry1355 said:
the pictures will be next
the 162 was more than i wanted to deal with, so buy new rails a new track,big wheel kit have them anodized, and bolt it together. i had to eliminate the rear radiator, so i built a stainless steel bypass. no matter what i did today i could not get it hot. i must have checked it 20 times, and you could leave your hand on the head or the bypass. the handling is incredible its like riding my renegade. the snow was terrible. the only climbing i did today was about 4 to 500 feet at aprox. 45 degrees, it went over with no problem. the dealer and one of his workers both have the rt 1000s also. were going on sun. to run them and see how it preforms aginst the big tracks. so far i cant see putting it back to a 162, but i saved every part and havent done the final cosmetic work, but i think on mon. there will be a long track kit for sale on ebay. what do you think of it.
[snapback]288100[/snapback]​

hello kerry

excellent! i really like what you did here. where did you get your parts and est. costs? where you from? i have the rt and has of yet kept it stock. i am less than pleased with the sled because of performance issues. what have your exp. been climbing steep and deep with your sled?

·
Registered
562 Posts
I BET THAT 144 RT IS GONNA BE A ROCKET, KEEP US UPDATED. GREGG

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[]
hi david and dslftr
i got the rails,hyfax, and tail piece from my local dealer, frank may ski doo they are in rural northern utah, and im about 1/2 mile from there shop. i think id go a hundred miles out of my way to do buissness with this dealer. they are fantastic and have helped me more than i can say. the price for all that was around $350.00. they did the update on the mapping this morning and had about 6 more sleds lined up.the track came from tracks usa and was $540.00 to my door. the big wheel kit was $180.00 a guy up the street builds them. the anodizing was done by a local shop it was $88.00. performance was a good but not fast enough, next is a 24 tooth top gear, my goal is 105 mph, ill know alot more tomorrow when we run them, mine and 2 with mods but still haveing the 162. the only hills i have climbed are very steep, but the snow has set up so ill have to post again when there is some powder to test it in. i think it will be perfect for me. i like to climb hills but i dont care if someone goes 10 feet higher, i like to dance in the trees, and that big track wouldnt let me. ive read a couple of your posts and i have suffered some frustration also. if you did not know yesterday you got another year of warranty on your engine, and you have parts on the way, that hopefully will put some more sting in this killer bee. and dslftr i havent drilled mine yet, but im going to this spring, then ill weld aluminum plugs in the holes. i did the rest of the cosmetics today and will put in another picture, it looks real good. thanks for the compliments. kerry

·
Registered
539 Posts
How did the update work?
Did they adjust the TPS and the rest of the things? I suspose not as they will likely want ot do it with the nipple switch,,,

Please explain the extra year engine warrantee, who gets it? thanks,

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
[]
hi bank buster
i wont know anything till tomorrow i just put it on the trailer and took it home to do the rear bummper and other cosmetics today.

·
Registered
539 Posts
kerry1355 said:
[]
hi bank buster
i wont know anything till tomorrow i just put it on the trailer and took it home to do the rear bummper and other cosmetics today.
[snapback]289421[/snapback]​
Did I get my engine warantee extended (Canada, RT1000)?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
[
Did I get my engine warantee extended (Canada, RT1000)?
[

i cant say for sure about canada but ski doo had better take care of there own, wouldnt you say, i would guess its for everyone with a summit or mach 1000

·
Registered
13 Posts
Keery, The blue wheels and rails look sweeeeet. I put 2.5 track on today, though its a 162. I hear from my dealer about the updates today, but parts for the fuel problem won't be here for another couple of days.Did you try any clutching yet.I I'm running 15.42 grams in the primary with a 230/410 spring and a team clutch with a 48/34 full progresive helix,black red spring. Its starting to show some real promise now, it pulls hard on the hill.Post back some set ups if your trying anything different

·
Registered
480 Posts
That sled looks sweet!! Looks like a lot of time went into it. I really like the blue and yellow.

RSV,

I don't think he appreicates your negative comments, take them somewhere else. Didn't your MOM ever tell you, "if you don't have anything nice to say", you know the rest!!!

Sweet doo!!!!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Why post pictures here if one can't take comments on them, both positive and negative? We all have different taste, just expressing my opinion, didn't meen to upset anybody!

·
Registered
87 Posts
RSV said:
Why post pictures here if one can't take comments on them, both positive and negative? We all have different taste, just expressing my opinion, didn't meen to upset anybody!

[snapback]289698[/snapback]​
I made mine a 151 but left tunnel alone so I can go back easier.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts