Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did this two days ago. I just stepped off the sled and blipped the gas to keep from getting stuck. Bad part is the sled was sitting at a pretty good angle at the time and I ended up stepping onto the spinning track.
foot_3.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So as my foot got spun around, my toe went between the track and rear wheel. Then my foot shot up into the tunnel for a little more beating. Of course I kept riding on it for 3-4 more hours. If I ignore the pain, it'll go away, right? NOT.
foot_4.jpg
The toenail is completely separated from the nailbed. And it's been bleeding heavily for the last two days. I'm gonna lose the nail for sure.

But it was a great ride.

Attachments

·
Doo Rider
3,170 Posts
Your supposed to wear boots while riding.
J/K

I couldn't see my boots getting caught in anything like that, cause they are so darn big.

Steel toes boots might not be a bad idea.

·
Stupid Hurts!!!!!!
3,179 Posts
Like dad always said "Learning has taken place".

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
you are one tough SOB to ride barefoot in the winter!!!!!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Wow, I thought Wyoming guys were tough, but I never saw anybody riding barefoot, you AK guys take the cake.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

OK- just to clarify, I was not completely barefoot when this happened. Sheesh. That's even a little hardcore for us crazy Alaskans.

I was wearing socks, OK. ... Really thick socks.

(oh yeah, and a pair of Trukk boots)

The boots look fine- just a little scuff mark over (go figure) the toe area.

So I'll just have to add this to the "things I learned while riding" list (which gets longer every time I ride) and keep on riding. I suppose if I ever quit adding to the list, I've mastered the sport and need to move on to something else. I just wish it wasn't so painful to add something new...

In the mean time, I get to kick back and have a couple of
while my foot heals.

Keep on riding-

·
Registered
438 Posts
WELL AT LEAST YOU COULD KEEP RIDING AND DIDN'T HAVE TO CALL A TOE TRUCK. HA HA HA

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
unbender said:
WELL AT LEAST YOU COULD KEEP RIDING AND DIDN'T HAVE TO CALL A TOE TRUCK. HA HA HA
[snapback]293538[/snapback]​
Oh man- that's rich.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts