Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
I need to figure how to rig a chain hoist in my garage, without ripping the rafters down. Similar type project....looking to save space

·
Registered
505 Posts
I need to figure how to rig a chain hoist in my garage, without ripping the rafters down. Similar type project....looking to save space
I have seen were you run a piece of round steel tubing across 3 or 4 of the rafters to spread the weight out and hang your hoist

·
Registered
2018 Ford F150 Supercrew 4x4. 5.0
3,771 Posts
That is great. I wanted to make use of my tall ceilings so I used to hang my sleds from the ceiling using an electric winch to pull them 7 feet off the floor. It worked great.

·
Mainway Solutions Inc.
2020 Renegade XRS
2,863 Posts
I built this rack that swings up and down using the power winch on my ATV. It gets one of the sleds up and above the other 2 and saves me shed space. This is located at my cabin located in northern MI. I decided to paint it ski-doo yellow just for fun. Sled that's on there is a 2013 1200 129" and it seems to be pretty easy to load on there. I did beef up the roof rafter when I built this lean too for the main barn just for this project that I had in mind. I seen a pic on here sometime in the past thought it was a pretty good idea.

zfte8M6h.jpg

3DN1oDwh.jpg

Ydjk52uh.jpg

mslC5lVh.jpg

ZW7E5D9h.jpg

Well Done, real-estate is precious. make use of every cubic foot you can....Love the wall hangings!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts