Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I built this rack that swings up and down using the power winch on my ATV. It gets one of the sleds up and above the other 2 and saves me shed space. This is located at my cabin located in northern MI. I decided to paint it ski-doo yellow just for fun. Sled that's on there is a 2013 1200 129" and it seems to be pretty easy to load on there. I did beef up the roof rafter when I built this lean too for the main barn just for this project that I had in mind. I seen a pic on here sometime in the past thought it was a pretty good idea.

zfte8M6h.jpg

3DN1oDwh.jpg

Ydjk52uh.jpg

mslC5lVh.jpg

ZW7E5D9h.jpg

·
Super Moderator
29,368 Posts
I like it. :righton

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, BTW it's 90 degrees here today and I am really in the mood to go riding the sleds. Going to be a long summer......

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Did you buy that ramp or make it yourself?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did you buy that ramp or make it yourself?
I built it. All of the steel was used. The channels for the skis was from a pallet rack, was all rusty. Had been laying outside for years before I found it. The pipe for the hinge was new, but the bar that went inside the pipe was old and rusty as well. Took longer to remove the rust than it did to weld it all up. I used a 80 grit flap wheel on my 4" angle grinder to clean it all up all the steel before I built it. Was going to use all new steel, but I was unable to find what I wanted for a reasonable price at the local steel yard. This used, rusty steel was over a hundred bucks as it was. Steel prices have gone crazy like everything else.

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
Nice work!

Bob

·
cool beans
36,869 Posts
Great job......Now you have room for more . :lol:

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Excellent work. By the looks of it, you can probably squeeze 5 more sleds into that empty space. 6 if they are vintage!!????

·
Registered
59 Posts
Awesome job. Clean, strong, and effective. And the hinge design is genius in it's simplicity. Gonna use that one day! I have a Pogo Lift (for 2 sleds) but yours would be great for several sleds if I made multiple units.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts