Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another 10-15 cm of the white stuff coming down right now!....

....setting up for another great weekend...

Snow Automotive lighting Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
4,667 Posts
It is awesome here just outside of Huntsville, I haven't been here for 3 weeks and I had to get on the roof of my shop because my internet satellite had over a foot of snow on it and the top of the dish is 31/2 feet above the roof, winter is definetely here and here to stay for quite a while. -- Bill

·
Premium Member
11,601 Posts
That an invitation Bill?

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
frostyy said:

View attachment 48962
[snapback]731760[/snapback]​
Psh, that's nothing compared to what newfies are embracing for this weekend. If the forecast is correct (hopefully) then it could be a clear meter of snow over 3 days in some places, that's 100cm, that's 39 inches, that's 3.25 feet, that's 1000mm! that's about 40 sleds stuck per hour!

·
Registered
888 Posts
Chasem Im going to have to check out that area on mapquest just to see how long it would take to drive from NE PA...........

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Update....

well we received the 15 cm of new white stuff last night.....

....cleaned the driveway and walkways...and guess what....

another storm heading our way tonight

....another 15 cm for Northern Ontario.....

...I believe it will hit the Muskoka area, (cottage country) as well....

....I can't keep up with all of this snow....I am just breaking new trails constantly....

.....if this keeps up....I'm trading in the Expedition for a Skandic 24" track

.....this sled season is going to last until May if this keeps up...

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
chasem said:
frostyy said:

View attachment 48962
[snapback]731760[/snapback]​
Psh, that's nothing compared to what newfies are embracing for this weekend. If the forecast is correct (hopefully) then it could be a clear meter of snow over 3 days in some places, that's 100cm, that's 39 inches, that's 3.25 feet, that's 1000mm! that's about 40 sleds stuck per hour!
[snapback]731901[/snapback]​
The east coast can definitely get some wiiillllddd snow storms.....but we are catching up this year....snowbanks in some areas of North Bay are over 6' high

·
Registered
381 Posts
Frostty , i think ur underestimating the banks , few weeks ago i saw some 8-10 feet high lol
Maybe not into march but deffenatly april.

theres calling for 15cm here , 10-15 in muskoka

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I's take a picture of what it looks like over here right now, but all it would be is white, I can't even see the cars in my driveway, and a can't see out my back door because a 5 foot drift just built up in an hour and a half!

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
chasem said:
I's take a picture of what it looks like over here right now, but all it would be is white, I can't even see the cars in my driveway, and a can't see out my back door because a 5 foot drift just built up in an hour and a half!
[snapback]734333[/snapback]​
chasem,

I heard on the weather channel that you guys are having one heck of a storm out there....unbelievable....50cm in one day and the guy was saying that there were storms that left you with 100cm in one day

I think even a Skandic 24" track might get stuck in that one....

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
frostyy said:
chasem said:
[snapback]734333[/snapback]​
chasem,

I heard on the weather channel that you guys are having one heck of a storm out there....unbelievable....50cm in one day and the guy was saying that there were storms that left you with 100cm in one day

I think even a Skandic 24" track might get stuck in that one....

[snapback]734349[/snapback]​
Yeah, when Newfoundland gets hit, it gets hit HARD! theres no such things as 5 cm snowfalls here, its 30cm or above. Sometimes they put out warnings in our town to make sure we are stocked up on supplies, because when one of these hit, you aren't going far!

Right now theres gusts of wind at 120 km/h, and the snow is falling at about 10cm an hour.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.