Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
my snowmobile is almost done i only have a couple of little things left to do like order a new orange stripe for the bottom of the hood the one on it has a couple of small pieces missing.plus i am still trying to find the sponge pads that are on the console mine were rotted near the top so i cut about 2 inches off both so they look the same. it has reverse, electic fuel gauge,high and low beam,the tail light has the brake light that brightens when the brake is pressed on,tack and speedometer and a cigarette lighter and chrome skis, i have everything working i ordered a complete wiring harness on line from the U.S.A. for $50. when the box came with the harness the set of gauges came also with a note saying i sent the gauges they are no good to me. so i put those gauges in since they were in better shape, those gauges say 1,254 miles but the origanal gauges only had 455 miles. when i bought the snowmobile for $300 dollars the guy i bought it from had cut all the wires hoping to get more speed from it he said he could only get it up to 50 mph he was mad becuse it is clocked for 90 mph and he could only get the 50 mph out of it, i told him it was made to be a work horse not for speed. were he worked in tobbacco the machine was in the pack barn he asked the farmer if he wanted to sell it, the farmer said it was in the barn since 1975 if he wanted it he could have it for free so he took it home and said he just put gas in it and it started up. when the first snow came he took it out and run the crap out of it and on that day he blew the motor so i said the motor only blew because it only had 455 miles on it plus it had not run in 30 years. i said you should have taken it easy to rebrake it in. i rebuilt the motor. if you type in 1973 640er nordic ski-doo i have a video on youtube. forty5goingon65

Attachments

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Nice Nordic looks clean. Not a lot of people like the Nordics, I doo I have three of them, 1972 640ERs. 50mph is about all ya can get out of them.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have a 71 399 e and it is by far my favorite sled, was my first sled too
it is in the middle of a 2 year restoration. just working on it in my spare time

1 - 6 of 6 Posts