Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

Her first ride -

317 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  redblur 
#1 ·
Wow - was I a proud daddy this weekend. Took my daughter on her first ride this weekend and she loved it. She's 20 months old so I made a special 5 point harness for her that attaches to my backpack straps for those "sleepy" parts of the ride. Took my wife's 440 as it has a sway bar, shorter riser, and softer shocks.

I posted this in the 440 forum as well to show that gang that the 440 is even more dynamic.

Man it was great!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Ride on dad!

#3 ·
good job dad.....I like the goalie helmet idea....eh?

#4 ·
Now you need to get a pic with her operating the sled alone. I'm sure she could handle it, it looks like it is only a 440.

#5 ·
Superman said:
good job dad.....I like the goalie helmet idea....eh?

[snapback]689979[/snapback]​
Ya, I had tried a couple of childs xxs snowmobile helmets on her but it was highly recommended that I hold off until she was about three for those helmets due to their weight. A lighter high quality hockey helmet was recommended as they are lighter and easier on her neck. worked out great!

#7 ·
My daughter loved it at that age but shortly after that she got scared of the noise (along with the vacum cleaner, jet planes, etc.) I didn't force her and by the next year she was back to loving it again.

My son (her twin) never did get scared of the noise, but now when we ride I have keep her from hitting the trottle, but he's a little more leary of going fast.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.