Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Ski-Doo Rider from Northern Vermont
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, i was hoping someone could tell me what is up... This may sound easy, but im new to skidooing, anyway, i went to gas my sled up the other day at my own private tank, it was close to empty, and i sucked all of it up. Any way, it didnt fill my tank so i went to the store and bought some.. i noticed my sled started to bog down alot. But only when i started on the throttle, after i got on it.. it would run better. So i checked the plugs, one was black, the other one white... the black one is fowled right??? i changed them, and i didnt notice any difference. I checked them again, and that one was black again!! Is my carborator plugged from some gunk, maybe at the bottom of the tank??? I was hoping some of you could help me... thanks... by the way, its a 550 fan.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Good chance you picked up some dirt that is restricting fuel flow to the side with the white plug. Plugs aren't supposed to be white, could lead to major damage. Carb disassembly and cleaning is in order, and depending on how much dirt you got, you might want to take your tank off and flush out, and do the same with your lines and pump. A burndown is not nice. Had you checked you plugs before this?

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Like he said. I'd be more worried about the plug that is white, not the plug that is dark (they should have a chocloate milk colour to them). For some reason you are running lean on the one side. Clean the carbs, check all the lines etc.
I'd also run some ISO in the tank you may have some water in the gas. Personal tanks are nice, but you need to keep them filled up (relatively) and use them quite a bit. Condensation does not need a long time to form in tanks, especially with the weather we've been having.

·
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I put ISO in the tank and let it sit over night, ran it and it dint help. Also the plug that isnt white is completely black.. so i donno, its at the dealership now.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
ISO won't help much after the fact. Something is definitely off if one is running rich and the other lean. Have you been riding it much this year?

·
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ya i put 700 miles on so far

1 - 6 of 6 Posts