Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't gain spark in my 07 800r and I have no clue if I'm missing sensors or how to gain spark I have all the plugs from the motor plugged into the harness as well as the voltage regulater and the kill switch and Handel bars plug plugged in the only thing I can for see being a issue is I don't have the dess teather

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
If you unplug the dess post, then you can jumper the two leads on the wiring harness together. Bypasses post, will get spark, but you won't be able to drive it.

·
Registered
11,244 Posts
You have to supply more info. What motor and what sled did it come out of? What are you trying to put it in? If you don't have a DESS key you have a difficult task ahead of you.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
On my rev I recall the dess plug had a black and black/green wire that plugged into the post. When you jumper those two wires together the post is bypassed. It will give you spark, but won't allow the engine to rev.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The motor is a 800r out of a 2007 rev and I'm putting if into a sled built out of three different sleds. My sled use to have a 92 wildcat 700 In it. Can I use any dess key I have a couple laying around from 2000 wiring harnesses

·
Registered
7,506 Posts
I bought the motor wiring harness and handle bars
The motor is a 800r out of a 2007 rev and I'm putting if into a sled built out of three different sleds. My sled use to have a 92 wildcat 700 In it. Can I use any dess key I have a couple laying around from 2000 wiring harnesses
So when you bought the engine and wiring harness.. did you get the ecm and the dess key harness and the dess key?

You may be able to put any dess key on to get it to spark but the engine will not rev over 3000 rpm untill you get the dess key reprogrammed to the ecm at the doo dealer.

·
True happiness is never trying a sled better than
14,562 Posts
Dess key needs to be programmed for your motor.Wouldn't make much sense if any Dess key worked.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
**** no I just got the ECM wiring harness and motor the guy I bought it off said he used a different dess let my that he wired into it and it ran fine

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
no I just got the ECM wiring harness and motor the guy I bought it off said he used a different dess that he wired into it and it ran fine

·
Registered
11,244 Posts
You either get the DESS from him that he used or wire one in that you have and load the whole thing up and take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
7,506 Posts
You should be able to get the sled to spark even with the wrong dess key.. I think.

Did you really put a 700 wildcat engine in a rev? btw Ha ha

1 - 20 of 51 Posts