Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my temp gauge doesnt work & i cant figure it out. i replaced the temp sensor, checked the wires. it is the only gauge that doesnt work. so i guess its hte gauge. is there a way to test the gauge? can anyone else think of anything else to check?

thanks

·
Registered
446 Posts
I would think with a needle guage you should be able to hook up a meter to it and check for continuity. If you have resistance it should be good, if it Reads OL, you have an open in the guage. You have to do this with the wires disconnec ted from the terminals that control the needle. Iv never done this, but It makes sense to me i guess. You can test your temp sensor similarly. Put it in a boiling can of water suspended from the sides and bottem of the can. Use a thermometer. If the meter rises with water temp you havbe the right sensor, if it just turns on at a certian temp, you have the dummy light sensor.

·
Registered
461 Posts
not 100% sure if its right one. but i did order it from my dealer. told them my sled and they ordered it. i guess i could recheck part #.

can some 1 who knows for sure let me know if this is the sensor for the gauge?

part #: 414728700

·
Registered
9,148 Posts
dbenney said:
my temp gauge doesnt work & i cant figure it out. i replaced the temp sensor, checked the wires. it is the only gauge that doesnt work. so i guess its hte gauge. is there a way to test the gauge? can anyone else think of anything else to check?

thanks
[snapback]279627[/snapback]​
A quick way to check the circuit is to disconnect the connector at the sensor. Run a spare piece of wire from the connector contact in the sensor plug to a good ground (clean, bare metal surface) In a functioning circuit, the needle on the guage will deflect full right--hot. If this is the case the sensor is defective or is the incorrect part. If no deflection you have wiring issues or a bad guage. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mbret2004 said:
dbenney said:

thanks
[snapback]279627[/snapback]​
A quick way to check the circuit is to disconnect the connector at the sensor. Run a spare piece of wire from the connector contact in the sensor plug to a good ground (clean, bare metal surface) In a functioning circuit, the needle on the guage will deflect full right--hot. If this is the case the sensor is defective or is the incorrect part. If no deflection you have wiring issues or a bad guage. Hope it helps.
[snapback]280337[/snapback]​
oh yeah i almost forgot. this has to be done with sled running right?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts