Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a slp power package for my 03.5 Blair 800. It's consists of there head with sea level domes, ported jugs, v-force reeds, there pipe for ported motor, and cold Ir kit for air box. I'm looking for some carb setup suggestions for this setup. Sled has Dpm DELETED. There tellin me I should run 17.5 pilots, .20 shim under needle, and 440-450 mains. I can see 17.5 to 20 pilots and the shim under the needle but 440-50 mains just seems crazy rich to me! Pulled my carbs apart and there pretty worn so I got a good set coming, looking for opinions and a good starting point. I have egts on the sled, what's a good wot temp? Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
11,244 Posts
Got all this used? Make sure you mic your pistons so they match the jugs. As for the mains, better to start rich than lean and those mains don't sound that far off.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I have a nearly identical set up on my 800 Power tek engine at the moment and I have 460 mains in, but I have DPM hooked up (and I still need to check the piston wash with the 460's, but I'm in the ball park). 440-450 seems reasonable. Check your plugs right away and your piston wash after you get some miles put on it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts