Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
looking for some opinions on the steering issue with the new ski's. I can't seem to adjust out the push in this sled with the adjustments to the rear skid I've tried, and I refuse to lay the front end down on the ground any more than skidoo has done already, by lowering the front shocks. Nor with sucking the limiter strap up a hole or two. has any one actually put on ski's of any other brand and had them actually made a difference without any other adjustments. by that I mean, you made all your adjustments, tried the sled, and THEN changed ski's and noticed a big change after the ski's ONLY.

thanks in advance, I know this subject gets beat to death, but, I've tried my own adjustments, and a few others I've seen posted in here and not much has helped.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
If you have the extra money get a pair of C&A's. Honestly it helps the handling alot(especially with pushing in the corners). I have only briefly ridden a sled with the pilot skis but to me they are not all that much different than the prec. Assuming you ride aggressive you will not be dissapointed with the c&a razors. BTW I run my limiter all the way loose with them because they are pretty aggressive skis, so theres no compramise in wieght transfer.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
ANSPIKE said:
looking for some opinions on the steering issue with the new ski's. I can't seem to adjust out the push in this sled with the adjustments to the rear skid I've tried, and I refuse to lay the front end down on the ground any more than skidoo has done already, by lowering the front shocks. Nor with sucking the limiter strap up a hole or two. has any one actually put on ski's of any other brand and had them actually made a difference without any other adjustments. by that I mean, you made all your adjustments, tried the sled, and THEN changed ski's and noticed a big change after the ski's ONLY.

thanks in advance, I know this subject gets beat to death, but, I've tried my own adjustments, and a few others I've seen posted in here and not much has helped.

[snapback]753313[/snapback]​
I run C&A razors with a 6' shaper bars there alot better than ski-doos skies I have my limiter strap up 1 notch steering is a little heavy at slow speeds but the faster you go the easy the steering I rode with my stock skies about 250 miles and than got the razors Ive always ran C&A skies on all my sleds! I AM THINKING ABOUT TRYING A SET OF SIMMONS FLEX SKIES! Y ou cant go wrong with C&A.

·
Registered
721 Posts
many like USI project X

·
Registered
153 Posts
ANSPIKE said:

I have no experiance with C&A's but I can tell you that USI's will make steering effort much more difficult. I have USI PX301's on my 06 Renegade. Using Bergstrom shims and ski savers did help some but the steering effort is still difficult.

As far as push in the corners...there is none. The SPX USI's have an even deeper keel than the PX's. This might make steering effort even worse, but I can't say for sure. There seems to be more weight on the front end of the sled with the SC-4 suspension vs the SC-3. My wife has an 05 Renegade with the exact same skis, carbides and suspension settings and there is a day and night difference in the steering effort of the two machines. Her sled steers with very little effort and is light and nimble mine is like a tank.

I will bring both of the machines home within the next 2 weeks to summerize them and try out a few ideas that I have that may decrease the steering effort. We'll see.

Good Luck

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
revguy1 said:
ANSPIKE said:

I have no experiance with C&A's but I can tell you that USI's will make steering effort much more difficult. I have USI PX301's on my 06 Renegade. Using Bergstrom shims and ski savers did help some but the steering effort is still difficult.

As far as push in the corners...there is none. The SPX USI's have an even deeper keel than the PX's. This might make steering effort even worse, but I can't say for sure. There seems to be more weight on the front end of the sled with the SC-4 suspension vs the SC-3. My wife has an 05 Renegade with the exact same skis, carbides and suspension settings and there is a day and night difference in the steering effort of the two machines. Her sled steers with very little effort and is light and nimble mine is like a tank.

I will bring both of the machines home within the next 2 weeks to summerize them and try out a few ideas that I have that may decrease the steering effort. We'll see.

Good Luck

[snapback]797509[/snapback]​
It does seem like the newer sled does have more ski-pressure or weight to the front, probably do to the front end change in height , that's why I'm so surprised about it's tendency to push soo much, my 03 rev had the higher ride height in the front and wasn't so pushy, and was fairly light in the front to steer. I don't care so much about the steering effort being to hard, i'm fairly sturdy from the waist up, i'm more concerned with the feeling I have pitching the sled in the corners and only once in a while it responds with out washing out in the front. It seems like the c&a's are the most popular choice, I'll probably give them a try, but for 359.00 I hope they turn. I'll be sure to post my findings. thanks for all the responses.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Rev800doo said:
many like USI project X
[snapback]795543[/snapback]​
I run USI progect X skis on one of my sleds. I wouldn't get anything else. The only drawback is that they are expensive. I think it's worth it though.

·
Registered
712 Posts
The 04's also had a heavy front end over the skies and with the px 301's useing the hole behind the center on the mount made things much better ,still bit cornering but way less arm pump.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.