Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems that i have a rattle in the right front of my 03 600 rev and i was wondering if anybody had suggestions as to what it is. I think it could be the brake rotor as it has alot of play side to side and back and forth and I was wondering if that was normal.

·
Registered
72 Posts
007rev said:
It seems that i have a rattle in the right front of my 03 600 rev and i was wondering if anybody had suggestions as to what it is. I think it could be the brake rotor as it has alot of play side to side and back and forth and I was wondering if that was normal.

[snapback]692438[/snapback]​
Light pressure on the brake lever when you hear the rattle will tell you. If that stops the rattle you found it, if not, check the clamps around the pipe is one possibility.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Check your springs. At idle my front springs rattle against the shock bodies sometimes -- a bit annoying but nothing to worry about. And apparently it's rather common with other people on this forum as well.

·
Registered
597 Posts
007rev said:

[snapback]692438[/snapback]​
Hey,

If you think it's your rotor, check to make sure your key lock is still in place and in one piece. The key lock is about 1.5" long and fits into a groove in your jackshaft which fits your rotor collar. This key lock is what turns your rotor when the jackshaft turns. Mine wobbles side to side a little as well but only 1/8" front to back. Check your chain tension. If your chain is to loose, then your brake rotor will have more play front to back but not side to side.

If you want to visually check the key lock you will need to remove the secondary clutch and the three bolts that hold the counter shaft bearing in place but first you will need to remove your air box and disconnect the carbs. The carbs just need to be move aside to get wrench in to remove the plate holding the bearing in place. Next remove the cover plate of the chain case and loosen the chain. Remove the chain and top gear and spacer. Once this is done, remove your caliper and then pull your jackshaft out from the clutch side. Reinstall in reverse order but use a new cotter pin on your top gear.

I doubt your key lock is the problem. I would guess the chain is to loose if you have front to back movement in the rotor…

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.