Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay, I have 1995 formula SL. When I'm idoling i have to keep reving the engine for it not to stall if i stop reving it the rpms will slowly go down and eventually it will stall. When i feel it's gonna stall i have to rev it up with really quick short revs if i just push the throttle fully down it does barely anything the rpms only go up when i give it the quick short revs. can anyone tell what it could be that makes it do this? also,seems like the clutch starts to grab around 4000 RPMs does that sound right? I can only get it up yto like 55-60 it's a 500cc. thanks to any help i get

·
Registered
234 Posts
Formula_SL_ryda said:
okay, I have 1995 formula SL. When I'm idoling i have to keep reving the engine for it not to stall if i stop reving it the rpms will slowly go down and eventually it will stall. When i feel it's gonna stall i have to rev it up with really quick short revs if i just push the throttle fully down it does barely anything the rpms only go up when i give it the quick short revs. can anyone tell what it could be that makes it do this? also,seems like the clutch starts to grab around 4000 RPMs does that sound right? I can only get it up yto like 55-60 it's a 500cc. thanks to any help i get
[snapback]262210[/snapback]​
When I had my Formula SL 500 fan it was doing that to, so cleaned the carbs, it helped a little bit and then that same day i broke the crank in half, I fix that sled and never road it again sold it asap, it was the 2 crank put in to the thing. The thing runs mint now and the guy rides it none stop, but if i kept it she would have messed up on me.

·
Registered
50 Posts
clean your carbs. in the carb there is a little hole for the gas to get through which makes it idle. that hole could be plugged

1 - 4 of 4 Posts