Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

Help with my new (to me) MXZ please!

1K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  newbike 
#1 ·
I just bought a 2010 MXZ 800 and on my third ride, first I lost any power to my heated visor, and now today I lost my tail light and gauges. I checked the 4 fuses inside the right side panel and they all seem to be fine. Any idea what may have caused this?

#6 ·
Stator has 2 windings, one for accessories and one for ignition. It is possible that one is starting to fail OR voltage regulator is starting to fail.

Are the bulbs good still or did it fry them?

Did the sled ever get wet? Like sunk under water? Connections freeze and do odd things after.

Electric start? Is it charging the battery still?

#8 ·
Either there isn't any mechanically-minded people on this site, or nobody willing to help out a fellow rider. Kinda defeats the purpose of a forum.
Relax.

There are alot of posts about your problem. Doo a search, read what others are saying about your problem, use what is in-between your ears, and see if this solves your issues.

If not, then post about your issues, what you have tried to doo to resolve the issues, and I'm sure most everyone will be willing to help.

Don't expect a handout. Take some initiative.

#13 ·
Thanks to anyone who helped. Yes it was my relay. I did not come back on here because to be honest I figured the question wasn't going to be answered. I assure you I did every bit of reading I could and was not "looking for a handout". I simply wanted to use this forum as it was intended, and I too give any helpful advice I can to people when I am in position to offer it.

Thanks again to anyone with constructive help. I'm back up and running again.:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.