Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Y'all,

I have two 2000 Summit HM's and both of them have this part that I need to identify. Both of them are also disconnected. Each one has a wire that is not connected to anything but I would like to reconnect them. Any help with identifying it would be appreciated, also, if you could help me with reconnecting them that would be great!
Motor vehicle Electrical wiring Auto part Gas Wire
Automotive tire Light Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Back up beeper/ reverse alarm. They look to have their 2 wires hooked up? Check that your arm is making contact with the switch that can be seen in the picture and test for power and ground when its in reverse, if all is good you may have a bad beeper, they are pretty common to crap out over time. It may have constant power and get grounded through the switch. You can also bench test the beeper.

As for the broken wire, did you look nearby for a ground terminal that the wire may have broke off from? Just a thought.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
One of mine beeps all the time so it's disconnected.

Sounds like you need a manual. If so, pm your email and I'll send it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Back up beeper/ reverse alarm. They look to have their 2 wires hooked up? Check that your arm is making contact with the switch that can be seen in the picture and test for power and ground when its in reverse, if all is good you may have a bad beeper, they are pretty common to crap out over time. It may have constant power and get grounded through the switch. You can also bench test the beeper.

As for the broken wire, did you look nearby for a ground terminal that the wire may have broke off from? Just a thought.
Thanks for the input! I am relieved that is only what they are and I can just replace them. Much appreciated!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts