Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Just kidding with ya. But my 99 mxz 600 was going 95 and climbing earlier this wk in at 7800 rpms. Nothings changed at all by me and now my sled goes 70 at 7200 rpms. Can't get any more out of her. Whats' going on??? I can beat just about everyone out of the hole till 50 or so. Hooks up real nice, doesnt really spin anymore. Stock everything and engages around 3800.

·
Registered
9,148 Posts
paul23 said:
Just kidding with ya. But my 99 mxz 600 was going 95 and climbing earlier this wk in at 7800 rpms. Nothings changed at all by me and now my sled goes 70 at 7200 rpms. Can't get any more out of her. Whats' going on??? I can beat just about everyone out of the hole till 50 or so. Hooks up real nice, doesnt really spin anymore. Stock everything and engages around 3800.
[snapback]283947[/snapback]​
\

How is the belt? Is it worn beyond limits? Are the clutches aligned properly? I have the same sled, and gained about 5 M.P.H. (speedometer indicated) after a belt change, clutch alignment. Snow density plays a factor too. Was the snow "heavy" one time and "fluffy" the next? Track tension/alignment can be a factor also. I know it sounds odd for all this stuff to go "bad" overnight, but just a few items to check. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ADAM ANTHONY said:
WILL IT STILL REV UP TO 8200??
[snapback]284284[/snapback]​
Oh sorry bud, that 7200 rpms is the max. I didn't really word it to well in the previous post. Do you guys think if I added a clutch kit that my problems would be solved?? My freind says its prolly a worn out spring and thinks the kit will solve it. Would much rather someone just give me the clutch setup for it as I'm a college student and money goes fast. Thanx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts