Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put a sled together tonight and when I wen to pul it over it was hard, so I pulled the plugs out to see.

When I pulled it over with open cylinders the mag side spraying oil??? so I checked all my lines ....... I disconnected the return line to the oil tank and when I pull it over that is squirting too.

During all of this the oil level has not dropped in the tank and the 2 small oil line off the pump arent even full of oil. What seems to be the problem??

I kept pulling it over open to see if it would stop , but it seems only to be lighter spray not dry yet...???? Do I keep flushing it out with oil lines disconnected?? WHAT TO DO>>>>

Was trying to get her running for tomorrow night.

PLease help .... 2003 rev 800 by the way.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
localspeedshop said:
I just put a sled together tonight and when I wen to pul it over it was hard, so I pulled the plugs out to see.

When I pulled it over with open cylinders the mag side spraying oil??? so I checked all my lines ....... I disconnected the return line to the oil tank and when I pull it over that is squirting too.

During all of this the oil level has not dropped in the tank and the 2 small oil line off the pump arent even full of oil. What seems to be the problem??

I kept pulling it over open to see if it would stop , but it seems only to be lighter spray not dry yet...???? Do I keep flushing it out with oil lines disconnected?? WHAT TO DO>>>>

Was trying to get her running for tomorrow night.

PLease help .... 2003 rev 800 by the way.
[snapback]718925[/snapback]​
TTTTTTTTTTT I SO NEED ALL THE HELP I CAN GET

are seals gone *%@ IS GOING ON cannot sleep till its fixed

·
Registered
243 Posts
Did you bleed the oil pump? sounds like you may have air in the line from the pump to the tank or in the pump itself. Does it have check valves on the output side of the pump ( I seem to think it does but not sure on that ) on that engine .

One suggestion if all else fails put some premix in the gas tank and fire it up with the line off and watch to see if you have flow comming out the hoses wire the pump lever full open so it takes less time to bleed out.

Hope that helps

·
ITs WINTER!
7,497 Posts
Mix a couple gallons of gas 40:1 and fire it up, that way you will definately not squeak it due to lack of oil. but once the lines fill and the pump primes get out the goggles and some spare plugs, shes going to smoke like a mofo!

At which point you know the lines are full and you can fill the rest of the tank with straight gas and proceed to tear up the grass in the front lawn

·
Doo Pilot
1,897 Posts
The chk valve is on the return side in the case.
If the oil continues to drop you may have a bad chk valve in the case.
Rich

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
A consistant abundance of oil in cyl's can be the center seals on the crankshaft leaking,you really only have two choices ,either the injection is running on or it is the crank seals,if you see no drop in the oil injection tank i would look at the feed line going to your case nipple that feeds the pump gears and if that is low or empty you may have found your problem. since the line is high in the taqnk it will not empty the tank out only the line.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
dyna-tek racing said:
A consistant abundance of oil in cyl's can be the center seals on the crankshaft leaking,you really only have two choices ,either the injection is running on or it is the crank seals,if you see no drop in the oil injection tank i would look at the feed line going to your case nipple that feeds the pump gears and if that is low or empty you may have found your problem. since the line is high in the taqnk it will not empty the tank out only the line.
[snapback]719084[/snapback]​
OK well removed all lines and pulled motor over till was clear enough to not hydro lock the one side up. ( took awhile )

Installed plugs and thru some gaz down the throats of each carb and it took a few times repeated (10) but she finally got back to running ( oil all over the place) LOL.

But all is well and thanks for your suggestions.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.