Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the dealer said i needed a new grip..(left)..has anyone done this? i know i just gotta take off my mobile windshield to get to the screws off from the "control panel" on the left side...then i just cut the wire...pull grip off...new one on...and resplice the lines..and reassemble right? sound good?
thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Yep if it ever goes that easy. I have to do mine tommorrow dealer told me to take the open end of wrech 3/4 i think place it against the grip and pound it off gently.

·
734 Power
2,600 Posts
actually its a 7/8" heat it up a hair with a heat gun and they will slip of pretty easy

·
Registered
826 Posts
I used a heat gun, they slid off pretty easy with a twist back and forth.

·
Registered
359 Posts
So, I did some searching and read several helpful threads, including this one about replacing my non-working left handgrip heater. I figure I can get the old one off without a problem. Heck, I'll cut it off if the wrench trick doesn't work, who cares, it's garbage anyway, right?? What I'm curious about is installing the new one. I read one post about having to be careful with it, as you can damage the element putting the grip on. Any tips on putting the new one on. Heat it up a little?? Maybe a little soapy water on the bar?? Any advice greatly appreciated

·
Registered
151 Posts
I've pounded mine off several times and reinstalled them with a rubber mallet, they're still working. They're rubber over a plastic sleave, you'd have to be pretty rough and careless to damage them.

·
Registered
272 Posts
So, I did some searching and read several helpful threads, including this one about replacing my non-working left handgrip heater. I figure I can get the old one off without a problem. Heck, I'll cut it off if the wrench trick doesn't work, who cares, it's garbage anyway, right?? What I'm curious about is installing the new one. I read one post about having to be careful with it, as you can damage the element putting the grip on. Any tips on putting the new one on. Heat it up a little?? Maybe a little soapy water on the bar?? Any advice greatly appreciated
Yeah it does take some work to damage them, but you can just get some electical grease and put just a liitle on there and heat it up with a hair dryer and they'll slip right on. Good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts