Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i need your oppinions i have a chance to get a 2004 gade 800ho xpackage. it has about 12,000miles on the sled, but has 1400miles on the completly new motor. i can get it for about 2500$-3000$. its very clean is this a good deal?

thanks

·
Registered
11,244 Posts
Even with a low mile motor, that is a high mile chassis. I would have to know what has been rebuilt over the life of the sled. It has either been maintained well or would need a lot of work.

track--$350
clutches completely rebuilt--$200
shocks rebuilt--$275 w/shipping
all new bearings--$75
A arm bushings--$65
tie rod ends--$50
carb work--$??
drivers--$110
not to mention the general stuff

that all adds up in $$$$ quick
To me $2500 is too much.

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Value depends on how the sled was driven/maintained and what your skill level is. How good of a sled can you get for $2500?? I see people still trying to sell zx sleds for that price and more during the fall/winter. To get an x package gade even if it's got some wear on it for a bit over $2000 is a deal IMO.
If the sled was in MN I'd be looking at it

·
Registered
11,244 Posts
I am really surprised that a dealer would have that high mileage of a sled on hand. Usually those will get wholesaled and wont see the floor. Most of the time they don't even want to take them on trade unless they can steal it. Offer him $1800 and walk toward the door.

Could be that it has also been very well maintained and serviced. Might be in very good shape and look like new. Just can't tell without putting an eye on it.

There is a difference between a "completely new motor" and a new short block also.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
If that is all you have to spend then ZI wold consider it with the thought that I would have to put some $$ into itbefore and during the winter. If you can come up with more $$ there is some great deals on the east coast, especially if you are flexible on the sled you get

1 - 8 of 8 Posts