Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
My 2013 Renegade 1200 Adrenaline with just a little over 4,000 miles started leaking antifreeze. I know it is hard to diagnose just looking at photos, but, just curious if anyone else had a similar issue. I THINK it is leaking from the hose shown in the photos but I wanted to get some other opinions. Thank you in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Yes its the pump housing. Most will leak if you rev the engine before the thermostat opens. Put it on a stand and give it some throttle when it is cold and look at the top of the housing.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Mine is doing the same thing. It seems to be worse when driving at high speeds for long periods of time. The thermostat would have been open since I had been riding already for some time. Could the leak at the pump housing occur during high speeds also Joker?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
What is the suggested fix? New water pump housing & gasket? New coolant hose & clamps that hook to the water pump? I think it was also leaking some while riding for long periods of time as well, my brother said he smelled anti-freeze the one time we stopped for a break on the trail.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I'd check bolt tightness first and swap out the Oteiker clamp for a screw clamp before changing housings myself.

Reactions: ROBGROTTO

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Your going to have to change the housing.The heat from the manifold is what causes it to leak. If you change it make up some kind of heat shield to protect it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I got a weep from the housing myself. Happens the odd time when it's cold I think. I tightened the screws that I could reach and might have solved it. Hasn't leaked since I did it, but doesn't mean it won't lol. I was planning on doing the full housing and seals if it continues but might just do that in the spring when riding is done and deal with the slight leak if it returns.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Mine is doing the same thing. It seems to be worse when driving at high speeds for long periods of time. The thermostat would have been open since I had been riding already for some time. Could the leak at the pump housing occur during high speeds also Joker?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Just an update. When I was ordering the parts to change the pump housing I decided to order the parts to rebuild the pump as well since I was in there. Good thing I did, once I got inside, the leak was obvious it was coming out of the weep hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
913 Posts
Thanks for following up. Very much appreciated.

What year sled? And how many miles?

Edit: never mind. I see it in the thread you started (2012). How many miles though?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I had a leak early season ride last year as well. Upon examination, could see that the rubber seal inside the pump was not installed properly and was leaking bad . Do your self a favor and put in a new waterpump.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Just an update. When I was ordering the parts to change the pump housing I decided to order the parts to rebuild the pump as well since I was in there. Good thing I did, once I got inside, the leak was obvious it was coming out of the weep hole.

What other parts did you replace? I see the housing comes with the 2 gaskets ( 72.00 CDN). Did you also replace the engine oil seal, shaft etc?

·
Registered
23 Posts
What other parts did you replace? I see the housing comes with the 2 gaskets ( 72.00 CDN). Did you also replace the engine oil seal, shaft etc?
Yes, I bought items 7,10,11,12,14,15,16 and 18. Everything to reseal the pump and rebuild it. Also check the coolant hose and replace if needed, don't forget to order the clamps if you replace the coolant hose.

·
Registered
23 Posts
So the reseal went perfect. Did 65 miles yesterday and no leaks from the water pump. Overall a simple job but tight. FYI, I didn't have to remove the exhaust manifold.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Mine is leaking as well. Never did before and then a little,,, and now more. Emptied the overflow bottle on a 3 hour ride. I'm going to replace the entire pump assemble, I believe the kit is around $74 Canadian.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The main housing is not replaced but the plastic snail section, shaft and seals were all changed. Cost me about $150, all parts ordered from the dealer.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts