Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got through putting the top end back together on my 97 Formula III 600. I replaced the piston and rings. I only removed the cyclinders, exhaust pipes and silencer. After replacing the pistons and rings i have no electrical at all. It starts up and runs beautifuly but i have no lights, guages, heated grips or anything to do with electricity. Is this a stator problem? How would it go bad from sitting in my garage for a week? the only thing electrical that i messed with was the teperature sending unit and i plugged that back in...... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Take apart the brown connector in the wiring harness on the top left side of the motor and clean it out. I had the same thing happen to mine, started fine, ran fine, just no lights or guages. Troubleshot everything and couldn't figure it out. Took everything apart cleaned it up and reinstalled, now she works fine. If your headlight bulb filament is melted that would indicate a bad voltage regulator. Do a search on electrical and I'm sure you'll find everything you need. Good luck!

RB

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK i will give it a try. It would be kind of strange that something just happened to break (like the stator) from just sitting. Everything was fine before i took the top end apart. Im gonna mess with connectors tonight

·
The 02 REVOLUTION
3,892 Posts
Pinched a wire and grounded out somewhere possibly when wrenching on it? Corrosion in a connector most likely as mentioned.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts