Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for suggestions. Put new battery in sled in November. Have been on two prior trips to the UP with no starting issues. Sled started no problem cold or warm.

Today starting sled cold I noticed it seemed just a little sluggish. Once warm shut off and started multiple times with no issue. Stopped 50 miles out for lunch. sled sat for about 45 minutes in 30 degree temp. When I tried to restart it was dead! No noises no clicks,nothing. Rope started it. Rode home, put on trailer And still dead. Hooked a portable jump starting box to it and starter would spin but would not throw/engage. Thoughts? Thx for your time.

·
Keeping Skioutty on his toes...
2017 Ski doo Renegade 900...2022 Polaris Indy 137 XC 650
31,304 Posts
Check fuses and clean all the contacts that the fuses sit in... Clean and tighten all ground straps...if that doesn't fix it and you need to get out your ohm meter and start checking your electrical system... And try a little WD-40 on your starter shaft and gear...

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am interested I. What makes you think the starter is going bad. I had the battery charger on the sled and noticed a clicking noise coming from the celenoid when hitting the start button. Wondering if it is the battery, celenoid, starter or something else.

Note The celenoid only clicks when I have the charger connected. When unplugged I get nothing.

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
Whatever you do, do not hit the starter with a hammer. You will crack the magnets.

Because I had a starter go out on me...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts