Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be getting a new full face helmet soon and was wonderin what some of the better choices are. I was lookin at the ski-doo modular helmet and think that its a possibility.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I am on my second year with the modular. My forst one had a manufacturer's defect and BRP replaced it with no problems. I like the helmet, but it is noisier and colder than my former HJC full face non-modular. The seals do not seem to be adequate at keeping the air and the noise out. I often think I'm hearing somethibng wrong with the sled when I realize it is the helmet. I still prefer it though for convenience of the flip up face. It is a bit warmer if you use the insulated mask that comes with it, but it is a pain in the neck (pun intended). It has never fogged on me even at extremme temps. Hope tyhis helps.

·
Super Mega Wicked Advanced Member
2,041 Posts
The modulars are cool but I don't think they offer as much protection in the chin area as full face or MX lids. As a result I don't think SNELL will approve them.

·
Registered
106 Posts
The new modulars from ski-doo are great. I have one, but it usually takes the shelf to open face mx style with a pair of goggles, if you're interested check this out...

http://stores.ebay.com/id=86364309&ssPageName=L2

For Saks Recreational Products, I bought through them numerous times and they've been great, i think the link should work

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info. I already have a mx style helmet with a pair of goggles and was just wondering what type of helmet or model is a good choice for those cold, windy, snowy days.

·
Registered
964 Posts
2 years ago I had a Ski Doo modular helmet and it SUCKED! It was a very warm helmet, but I got frostbite on my neck before I added the Ski Doo neck guard that comes with the helmet. Stopping on the trail sucks too because to speak clearly, I had to unsnap the breath box thus breaking snaps. The snaps seemed to freeze because the breath vents were icing up the snap area on the helmet. The one feature I liked was the sun shield. During the day you can flip it down and have it tinted, and at night you have a clear shield. I did have smoe problems with the sun shield coming apart, but for the most part that was the nicest feature of the helmet. I switched last year to an HJC MX style helmet and love it. I have two different balaclavas, one thin for active riding and warmer weather, and one with a thick fleece bottom for those cold days, and I will not switch back to a full face helmet. I also added the quick straps for the goggles and it works awesome. Sorry for the rant-in my opinion, stay with the MX helmet and goggles.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The CL-14 is lookin pretty good right now...I was looking at it in the Royal Distributing Catalogue and it looks like a nice helmet with a pretty good range of vision...a lot better than my THH T-888 that i just sold for $60

·
2011 RMK PRO 155
8,136 Posts
roughrider said:
I got the CL-14 today from Royal Distributing. Nice helmet...tryed it out this evening and its very warm and never fogged up. Thanks for the advice.

[snapback]274714[/snapback]​
Good choice Roughrider, I HAD the Doo modular pos and got frostbite, always fussing with that stupid breath box, having to deal with those tampons, more wind coming through than a wind tunnel, Ordered a HJC CL-14 and love it, plus it's Snell approved

·
Made Member
2,042 Posts
for an inexpensive helmet the bieffe 3 sport is a very good one. the breath mask keeps the non-electric double lens fog free always. never had this one fog up. have had bell snostar, lazer and a pos yamaha open face and the Bieffe is the best so far. jmo!

·
BRP Product Tester
1,048 Posts
I have 2 helmets,, a HJC Airtech3 and a Doo Modular

The only good thing about my modular is

#1 the sun shield

#2 you dont have to remove you helmet to smoke

Other than that I really dont like the dam thing,,It lets way to much wind and noise threw,,, The mask really is a thing to get used to with all its little problems

My HJC NEVER fogged up,,NEVER had a cold face,,WAY warmer,,and if I wanted tint I would just put my sunglasses on with no problems,,

My 2 cnts

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.