Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
9,903 Posts
No there is no vent on top, but I can’t say that there is just a mad rush of air going through it above the mask. If your expecting a super warm helmet like the Oxygen, this is not your helmet, but if you wear the correct balaclava for the temp and everything works as it should with this bucket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, I want a cooler helmet. My BV2S is too warm, course I haven’t ridden with it in sub-zero temps. I was good down to negative 20 with my Sno-Force and that lid didn’t even have a chin curtain. But I also used to wear a much thicker balaclava and a neoprene ski mask underneath it. Now I just wear a thin balaclava for safety / a tighter fitting helmet but I add a neck gator to make up for it. Does the Mission have a quick release or does it use D-rings?

·
Registered
677 Posts
No, I want a cooler helmet. My BV2S is too warm, course I haven’t ridden with it in sub-zero temps. I was good down to negative 20 with my Sno-Force and that lid didn’t even have a chin curtain. But I also used to wear a much thicker balaclava and a neoprene ski mask underneath it. Now I just wear a thin balaclava for safety / a tighter fitting helmet but I add a neck gator to make up for it. Does the Mission have a quick release or does it use D-rings?
Mission has a quick release ratchet system. The Mission isn’t sweat your head off warm, but also not super cold. It has a chin curtain. I wear a balaclava that’s thin on my head but has wind protection built into it around my neck. I know that banging the Mission helmet drum stinks on a Doo site, but it’s just that good compared to everything I’ve used or seen and I’ve had Modulars, BVS2, from Brp, the Modular was better for me then a BVS2, but now that I spent equal money vs a Oxygen or BVS2, I think the Mission is superior just in the way it works, FOR ME, others can say the Oxygen and BVS2 are the cats meow, but I sweat, so those don’t do it for me.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I ride with the shield cracked open 90% of the time with the O2 lid .Works for me .
What is the main reason for riding with shield cracked open? Heat or Fogging? Both?

Do you notice a noise level difference with it cracked open?

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

·
SkiDoo Guru
19,340 Posts
What is the main reason for riding with shield cracked open? Heat or Fogging? Both?

Do you notice a noise level difference with it cracked open?

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk
I just like a little air .With the BV2S i would take the front diaphragm out .

·
Registered
172 Posts
New Mission last season, bought it for cooler days. Wear my XP-R2 when it is warm. So far the Mission has been good, it fit right out of the box. I had no problem with fogging and do not have an electric shield.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I’ve been impressed with Castle gear lately. We have several castle snow helmets and they’re all very nice and not terrible expensive. We have a couple normal modular electrics for the girls they are made for glasses and work very well. Also a few MX style. With proper fitting goggles (castle) and the little beanie cap inside they are very warm. Like to try their dual sport it looks nice too. Quality is good.

·
doughnut boy
10,467 Posts
No there is no vent on top, but I can’t say that there is just a mad rush of air going through it above the mask. If your expecting a super warm helmet like the Oxygen, this is not your helmet, but if you wear the correct balaclava for the temp and everything works as it should with this bucket.

I’ve noticed the same .. when it’s warm I don’t wear a Balaclava but I feel the cold air on top my head. Colder days I wear a helmet liner

Sent from the bakery using Tapatalk

·
Registered
576 Posts
509 Delta R4 2020 build date. Warmest helmet I have worn. Love the buckle and neck gator but not the sun shield as that needs to be lower.
I would buy it again.

·
Registered
380 Posts
509 Delta R4 2020 build date. Warmest helmet I have worn. Love the buckle and neck gator but not the sun shield as that needs to be lower.
I would buy it again.
I bought a 509 delta R4 Ignite with electric shield this past February. Rode with it at 15 below. Shield worked perfect. Did have some trouble with the fidlock buckle with gloves on at first. Like the helmet.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Do you guys with the Delta R4 or the CKX Titan remove the roost visor? It seems kinda pointless for trail riding, no?

·
Registered
2022 Mach Z
1,077 Posts
For the titan, leave it on. Deflect roost and helps with the sun in the evening if you have clear goggle lenses.

·
Registered
677 Posts
The visor on the Mission is the most effective for sun glare that I ever had. I had a open face years ago that maybe was ok, but my Castle modular one did nothing except look neat.

·
Registered
576 Posts
The visor on the R4 looks good but that's about it as it has so much air flow. It won't fit in my bag with it on.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts