Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2021 BC XRS
7,508 Posts
I was happy with my Mission last season .. never fogged nor did my glasses. Rode in -15F - +30F no problems

Sent from the bakery using Tapatalk
Been very happy with moto style butI tried an Oxygen last year just to see what all the hype was about. I'm not saying it's a bad helmet but it's just not for me.

Gonna try a Mission this year.

·
doughnut boy
10,467 Posts
Been very happy with moto style butI tried an Oxygen last year just to see what all the hype was about. I'm not saying it's a bad helmet but it's just not for me.

Gonna try a Mission this year.
I tried the oxygen on at the dealer … I didn’t like the way it felt … I have a fat watermelon head … XXXL

The mission was comfortable.. but think I’m going to get a different nose piece one that’s smaller..
maybe a Mohawk too

·
Registered
385 Posts
I tried the oxygen on at the dealer … I didn’t like the way it felt … I have a fat watermelon head … XXXL

The mission was comfortable.. but think I’m going to get a different nose piece one that’s smaller..
maybe a Mohawk too

Take the ear muffs out, fits much better, I got a fat head too.

·
Registered
677 Posts
The Castle CX950 is a decent modular helmet also. No mask to wear over your mouth. Have one that I wore until I bought my Mission.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have the Oxygen and i think its a great cold weather helmet. I am getting the Mission CKX? this fall for days its not as cold. Have had the BV & modular in the past as well. The oxygen is light and quiet which i appreciate as i get older.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I have the Oxygen and i think its a great cold weather helmet. I am getting the Mission CKX? this fall for days its not as cold. Have had the BV & modular in the past as well. The oxygen is light and quiet which i appreciate as i get older.
If your getting a Mission, it’s a good all weather option unless your sold on your Oxygen for colder days, but that’s where the Mission is at it’s best in all honesty. Your spending another $600 for no reason at that point.

·
Registered
2021 BC XRS
7,508 Posts
If your getting a Mission, it’s a good all weather option unless your sold on your Oxygen for colder days, but that’s where the Mission is at it’s best in all honesty. Your spending another $600 for no reason at that point.

Good to hear, I was planning to buy one for the colder days and keep my moto helmets for warmer days and off trail

·
doughnut boy
10,467 Posts

maybe a Mohawk too

Take the ear muffs out, fits much better, I got a fat head too.
The oxygen didn’t fit will… the mission fit perfectly

·
Registered
9,903 Posts
You just reminded me, I've been thinking about a helmet change for a couple seasons now. My current helmet is a mod2... Which I actually bought used but was basically brand new in the box. That was 8 years ago.

I switched from a helmet with an electric shield and the main reason I went to the mod 2 was to eliminate the cord and never fogs.

A couple reasons I would consider going away from the Mod 2 is the better field of vision and lighter weight of the Oxygen.

I'm guessing Oxygen would be on your list of considerations?

After thinking it over each fall, and weighing the pros and cons of the Mod 2, I just couldn't get myself to purchase the Oxygen.

One of these seasons, I'm going to pull the trigger on it.

You are probably doing well by considering it now instead of waiting until the fall. Hopefully whatever you're looking for is available. Crazy days with these product shortages and inflation! Good Luck...

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk
You didn't happen to buy your used Mod2 at Haydays did you? If so it may have been me that sold it to you. Great peripheral vison and didn't fog but I only wore it the once for about 20-30 minutes. It was killing my jaw so bad I had to run home and grab my old helmet. The mod2 went right back in the box for resale.

·
Registered
9,903 Posts
My favorite helmet to date is the old Yamaha Sno-Force. They were cheap / $99 at the shows and they didn't fog. We had 3 of them over the years. My last one I bought in 2001 and rode with it through 2019. Since they stopped making them it was getting harder and harder to find replacement parts (shields & breath deflectors) plus the liner started coming down. I suppose I could've tried some glue but it was just time to move on.

My current lid is a BV2S but after reading about the Mission I think I might try one. For me anyway the BV2S helmet was an expensive lid that in the end just works " ok ". It's heavy but that really doesn't bother me too much. It's the fact that there's absolutely zero venting which causes 2 issues. One, on the warmer / sunny days the helmet is actually too warm. Not only do you have to worry about your breath possibly fogging up the shield but your face starts sweating like a stuck pig. And two, with no venting to clear out your breath you need to have a near perfect seal with your breath mask or you do get some fogging. It's not super bad but it will start to fog up a little in the upper corners which is annoying. And finally the adjustment ring for the mask freezes up and becomes impossible to adjust until you thaw it out, and oh yeah dealing with those to stupid moisture absorbent pads is a hassle.

The Sno-Force worked well because it had a good breath deflector and good venting on the inside of the shield. The Mission looks like it has good venting on the inside of the shield plus the system for using negative pressure to draw your breath out of the back of the helmet. Sounds pretty trick to me plus it's lighter for an added bonus. I'm sure it will be cooler on the warm sunny days. Hopefully it's got a good breath deflector to, I'll have to check one out in person. The only thing I don't like is it doesn't look there's anywhere for vented air on the inside of the shield to escape. The Sno-Force had vents on the top of the shield to, not just the bottom.

·
Registered
677 Posts
My favorite helmet to date is the old Yamaha Sno-Force. They were cheap / $99 at the shows and they didn't fog. We had 3 of them over the years. My last one I bought in 2001 and rode with it through 2019. Since they stopped making them it was getting harder and harder to find replacement parts (shields & breath deflectors) plus the liner started coming down. I suppose I could've tried some glue but it was just time to move on.

My current lid is a BV2S but after reading about the Mission I think I might try one. For me anyway the BV2S helmet was an expensive lid that in the end just works " ok ". It's heavy but that really doesn't bother me too much. It's the fact that there's absolutely zero venting which causes 2 issues. One, on the warmer / sunny days the helmet is actually too warm. Not only do you have to worry about your breath possibly fogging up the shield but your face starts sweating like a stuck pig. And two, with no venting to clear out your breath you need to have a near perfect seal with your breath mask or you do get some fogging. It's not super bad but it will start to fog up a little in the upper corners which is annoying. And finally the adjustment ring for the mask freezes up and becomes impossible to adjust until you thaw it out, and oh yeah dealing with those to stupid moisture absorbent pads is a hassle.

The Sno-Force worked well because it had a good breath deflector and good venting on the inside of the shield. The Mission looks like it has good venting on the inside of the shield plus the system for using negative pressure to draw your breath out of the back of the helmet. Sounds pretty trick to me plus it's lighter for an added bonus. I'm sure it will be cooler on the warm sunny days. Hopefully it's got a good breath deflector to, I'll have to check one out in person. The only thing I don't like is it doesn't look there's anywhere for vented air on the inside of the shield to escape. The Sno-Force had vents on the top of the shield to, not just the bottom.
The air moves out of the helmet great. The only real thing that can be a problem is the breath deflector/mask that sizes up differently to every person. But from what I read, CKX works with you to make sure you get the right size. Mine came with the size recommended for the helmet and fits perfectly. You must wear it to make the helmet work. I know guys with the Modular BRP helmets that could run without the mask, but this is different tech. I like mine a lot. You have to know with the sun shade to lock it in place before you lift your outer visor. You can wreck the linkage that controls it if you force it. There is a light detent in that visor that you can feel lock in place when fully up.
I could not get mine in a store anywhere by me because I couldn’t find a store that sold CKX so I ordered online FYI.

·
Registered
497 Posts
You didn't happen to buy your used Mod2 at Haydays did you? If so it may have been me that sold it to you. Great peripheral vison and didn't fog but I only wore it the once for about 20-30 minutes. It was killing my jaw so bad I had to run home and grab my old helmet. The mod2 went right back in the box for resale.
Nope, it was a Craigslist deal...

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
12ish years I love my BV2S I have thought about an electric shield

·
Registered
9,903 Posts
The air moves out of the helmet great. The only real thing that can be a problem is the breath deflector/mask that sizes up differently to every person. But from what I read, CKX works with you to make sure you get the right size. Mine came with the size recommended for the helmet and fits perfectly. You must wear it to make the helmet work. I know guys with the Modular BRP helmets that could run without the mask, but this is different tech. I like mine a lot. You have to know with the sun shade to lock it in place before you lift your outer visor. You can wreck the linkage that controls it if you force it. There is a light detent in that visor that you can feel lock in place when fully up.
I could not get mine in a store anywhere by me because I couldn’t find a store that sold CKX so I ordered online FYI.

It looks like there's 2 vents in the front. One for your mouth area / below the deflector which would be the air that gets sucked out the back. And another vent for air to come in above the breath deflector / behind the shield. Is there a vent anywhere up top for that air to escape?

·
Registered
677 Posts
It looks like there's 2 vents in the front. One for your mouth area / below the deflector which would be the air that gets sucked out the back. And another vent for air to come in above the breath deflector / behind the shield. Is there a vent anywhere up top for that air to escape?
No there is no vent on top, but I can’t say that there is just a mad rush of air going through it above the mask. If your expecting a super warm helmet like the Oxygen, this is not your helmet, but if you wear the correct balaclava for the temp and everything works as it should with this bucket.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
I've had a BV2S for maybe 6 years and a heated visor for the last two because it would frost over when very cold or after sunset. I never use the breath pads, I am surprised anyone does. If it gets too warm I just unzip my jacket to cool off.

How does moisture exit the Oxygen?

21 - 40 of 56 Posts