Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been using my BV2S helmet for some time now and want a change. Electric shield? What are your thoughts? Want something for the up coming season.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
497 Posts
You just reminded me, I've been thinking about a helmet change for a couple seasons now. My current helmet is a mod2... Which I actually bought used but was basically brand new in the box. That was 8 years ago.

I switched from a helmet with an electric shield and the main reason I went to the mod 2 was to eliminate the cord and never fogs.

A couple reasons I would consider going away from the Mod 2 is the better field of vision and lighter weight of the Oxygen.

I'm guessing Oxygen would be on your list of considerations?

After thinking it over each fall, and weighing the pros and cons of the Mod 2, I just couldn't get myself to purchase the Oxygen.

One of these seasons, I'm going to pull the trigger on it.

You are probably doing well by considering it now instead of waiting until the fall. Hopefully whatever you're looking for is available. Crazy days with these product shortages and inflation! Good Luck...

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
I went for a CKX Titan Electric. I really love it's fitment, weight and functionality. Since it is summer I have not gotten to test it yet, but after watching the guys at Syxxes use them for years I am sure it will be better than the old 509 Tenacity 2.0 I used last season.

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
Love my Oxygen helmet, best helmet I’ve had in my 43 years of riding. Having said that, there is a real love/hate relationship with other riders and their Oxygen helmets. I think you will find more likes than hates. The only con I have noticed is that it needs more venting. It is a very warm helmet and condensation can build up on the bottom edge of the visor. When my warranty is up on mine, I am going to try and add a couple exhaust vents on the back, I think they will make a huge difference.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I really like my oxygen, but just like different sleds and riding styles opinions will differ greatly. Some like open face, some want a really light helmet. I really wanted to get away from the "breath box"

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I've had tons over the years....HJC, 509,BVS2 , Modular 3 etc all have been shelved. The Titan has been the choice for the last 5 seasons. The Photochromatic lens is sweet. I use the clear electric at night but don't plug them in. Overall it's a great helmet, super light and great peripheral vision. It's a little chilly and takes some vent plugs to get the ventilation dialed in.

This coming season I'll have a Oxygen to run. I'm looking to stay a little warmer on all day adventures and still have a light helmet with good visibility.

I have three buddies that down right love them and say they are extremely warm and quiet. One fault is freezing rain at the right temperature over comes the electric shields. The days that happened my electric titan goggles did the same. Other than that they have had great success with them

·
Administrator - East Coast Tony
900T XRS
55,281 Posts
This past winter I bought an Oxygen helmet to replace my LS2 modular.
There are pros and cons to everything everything under the sun.
I wrote a topic you can read here:

·
Premium Member
2022 MXZ XRS 600R
609 Posts
What are your goals and budget? Light weight? Maximum warmth? Highest safety? Do you ride aggressive or more on the casual side? Do you want to spend $200 for a budget helmet or $700 for a top flight premium or somewhere in-between? Many variables as there is no one perfect helmet for everyone.

Reactions: slimjohnson

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
& the more you spend, the more frustraing it is when they have screws that fall out on modular, wind that just comes and goes as it pleases..........

Reactions: Hockeypuck

·
Registered
359 Posts
I have a Ckx Titan electric. Its a good helmet overall and has good vents. I dont think any electric shield melts freezing rain. Dont think it is intended for that and would be way too warm and require more juice to power.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I picked up an oxygen last year and it’s the best snowmobile helmet I’ve ever owned below 10 degrees celcius. The one downfall it has is that i found it close to unbearably warm in warmer winter temps. I ended up getting a snow cross style helmet+goggles to use when it was too warm for the oxygen

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the ckx mission. I will be up front I have not worn one I have a oxygen two years and 8000 miles. my gf mission is better in all aspects then my oxygen. Best part of the mission is it does not need to be plugged in all the time.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the ckx mission. I will be up front I have not worn one I have a oxygen two years and 8000 miles. my gf mission is better in all aspects then my oxygen. Best part of the mission is it does not need to be plugged in all the time.
I have a CKX Mission. Great brain bucket. I bought it with the heated shield in case fogging is an issue. To my delight, it doesn’t fog. It’s great. My friend had an Oxygen and fought it so bad, I said to myself, I’m not doing it. I wear glasses, so, I can’t have them fogging either and they don’t. I do put the cord on at night because I have a light on my helmet in back, so the cord does run both the shield and light at same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What are your goals and budget? Light weight? Maximum warmth? Highest safety? Do you ride aggressive or more on the casual side? Do you want to spend $200 for a budget helmet or $700 for a top flight premium or somewhere in-between? Many variables as there is no one perfect helmet for everyone.
I definitely want a light weight. BV2S is heavy. I do a little of both aggressive riding and casual. Price wise I will make that decision based on the quality of the helmet.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think the mission is at the top of my list. Heard great things with the titan too.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have two Oxygen helmets for sale in the classified section , both are 2021 models . My girlfriend and I both liked them but the fitment wasn't great for both of us. A little to big but next size smaller it was tough to get on and off so we got the bigger size and I made a insert to go in the top to keep it up a little. Worked well but we both decided to try a Mission this year.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I've been using my BV2S helmet for some time now and want a change. Electric shield? What are your thoughts? Want something for the up coming season.

Whats wrong with your BV2S? I Heard they are "The Best" helmet out there. No wait, I think I heard the Oxygen is "The Best"...No no wait, another update.... The CKX Titan is "The Best".

Honesty man, only YOU know what is "The Best" helmet. everyone's head is shaped a little different and everyone has different requirements from a helmet. Best advise I could give you is first determine what kind of riding you do (Trail/Mountain/Backcountry) and then go out and try them all on and pick the helmet YOU think is "The Best" helmet for YOU.

Then you won't be disappointed.

Reactions: G-Doo13

·
doughnut boy
10,223 Posts
I have a CKX Mission. Great brain bucket. I bought it with the heated shield in case fogging is an issue. To my delight, it doesn’t fog. It’s great. My friend had an Oxygen and fought it so bad, I said to myself, I’m not doing it. I wear glasses, so, I can’t have them fogging either and they don’t. I do put the cord on at night because I have a light on my helmet in back, so the cord does run both the shield and light at same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where did you get the light.. I’d like to put one on back of my helmet

Sent from the bakery using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 56 Posts