Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been out of snowmobiling for 10yrs. Looking to upgrade my 10 yr old HJC helmet with visor. There are alot of options out there, kind of mind boggling. Care to share your opinions on whats working well for you?

·
Registered
9,269 Posts
skidoo modular 2

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Ski Doo modular 1 for me. I haven't tried the 2 yet. Modular with the breath shield (fighter pilot style mask) seems to be the best for non-fog on trail rides for me. MotoX style helmet with goggles are making a comeback with lots of options. I've only used that setup for +30 degree riding in Colorado, and it works well when it's warmer out. I don't know if I'd trust it on some of the -40 days up in Maine and Quebec.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
I'm going from the mod 1 to the mod 2 this year. If it's really cold, or you don't stay warm, I would use the BV2S.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
off road helmet, good baclava, good goggles, you wont go back, I've been out in -16f and had no problems. -40 might be a differant story, BTW, I have a "canada" helmet too. A/c Txi with heated shield.

·
Fire Box
20,485 Posts
depends on what kinda of riding you do. if your just going to be out trail riding you def. cant go wrong with any ski doo helmet. the ski doo modular helmets and the bv2s' are both great helmets. I'll agree with wisconsincheesehead, the bv2s does tend to fog up on very cold rides. I use a motocross helmet now with good goggles now and i love it. but i off trail ride alot and dont go on long trail rides much.

·
Registered
575 Posts
depends on what kinda of riding you do. if your just going to be out trail riding you def. cant go wrong with any ski doo helmet. the ski doo modular helmets and the bv2s' are both great helmets. I'll agree with wisconsincheesehead, the bv2s does tend to fog up on very cold rides. I use a motocross helmet now with good goggles now and i love it. but i off trail ride alot and dont go on long trail rides much.
Moto style helmet and a pair of 509s

·
Registered
133 Posts
The BV2S is awesome, I love mine. It can feel a tad heavy after a long day of riding, but no problem, really, and the advantages far outweigh any disadvantage.

·
Registered
35 Posts
do you like th 509's?? I wear the spy ski goggles (they work) with the clear lense. I'm looking for somthing that works, and I can switch from tinted to clear at dusk. are the lenses easy to pop in and out?
In my experience, it is WAY easier to just pop on a second set of goggles. By the time you manhandle the new lense into the other frame, it will be fogged to heck, and you will be sitting around waiting for the fog to clear. Makes life way easier for sure, though it is the more expensive route.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I went from a go cart helmet to a mod 2 and I love it. Def worth the money, and I'de never go back.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts