Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Springboarding off request for a sub forum...looking to buy helmet comms...what y'all using

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
Looking just like you. Have been using Collett for 10+ years, but because they've closed shop, looking for options. UClear and Cardo Packtalk Bold. I don't care about music, phone calls, voice text (I can get plenty of that when not riding).... I just want to know when other sleds, obstacles, or wildlife are up ahead. I hear from a local shop the every new UClear purchased was returned due to repairing issues. Planning on giving the Cardo's a try.

·
Premium Member
2,173 Posts
I still have Collets. They work fine, just the rechargeable batteries stop holding a charge after a few seasons. I made battery packs that run on AA's for them and they work better.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
90 Posts
I just started using the packtalk bold. I am on call 24/7 for my job and just today took a work call during a ride. I was going 60mph and they had no idea I was riding a sled. I could hear them perfectly as well. I haven't had a good chance to test the communications with my wife during a ride yet.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I ran Sena Smh-10’s for the past 3 years and have had great luck, as well as a few guys in our group. This year, I handed the smh-10 to the daughter and bought a new Sena 20s Evo. I also bought the handlebar remote control. Nice to be able to adjust volume and initiate a conversation without taking your hands off the bars. I stream music to mine all day while riding and the battery will easily last 6-8 hours even on a super cold day. I normally plug it in for a quick recharge at lunch and it will go the full day with no issues. You can pick up the Sena smh-10 dual pack for pretty cheap now that the new modes are out and they a are a good solid option, only disadvantage, they won’t run the remote due to older technology.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts