Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does the 04 600 H.O RER come with for helix angle stock ?

Also, sorry for asking this but what do the angles mean when you go down in size or up in size for the angle numbers?? i'm not trying to copy someones kit, just trying to grasp the concept of helix angles for curiosity.

·
Metalhead
9,227 Posts
The one I took out of a Gade was a 47/44.

I like to "define" when I mention "going down in size" or "up the start angle"

I'll say "going down in the finish angle" ex:47/44 "should go down in finish angle to 37" = 47/37

or

Up the start angle ex: 47/44 to a 54/44.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dynamo^Joe said:

I'll say "going down in the finish angle" ex:47/44 "should go down in finish angle to 37" = 47/37

or

[snapback]287878[/snapback]​
Sorry, I am clutch illiterate. But I think you understood what I was getting at.

What does it do to the performance of the sled with you go from a 47/44 to a 54/44 ?

·
Registered
715 Posts
Joe's the expert,but my take on this is that it would load the motor more before the spring force allows the secondary to shift out.[higher rpm's to launch then same finishing force to get to top end ]please correct me if i'm wrong.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Dynamo^Joe said:

or

[snapback]287878[/snapback]​
How do you measure the helix angles? CMM?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.